Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School immunizations
From the link:

"Opposition to vaccination has posed a challenge to herd immunity, allowing preventable diseases to persist in or return to communities that have inadequate vaccination rates"

If you allow people to choose whether to vaccinate or not at your school then herd immunity disappears.
"If you allow people to choose whether to vaccinate or not at your school then herd immunity disappears."

You are assuming that given the choice no one, or very few will vaccinate. I don't agree, but if you are correct then perhaps we should look into the reasons for this almost universal resistance to vaccines that you are claiming.
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-ne...ls-n838811

Vaccine refusal rates are up. I think it's because social media has given a bullhorn to dumb people, but that's just my opinion.
Another factor is the anti-science crowd spreading their simplistic ideas.
Vaccine refusal rates are up.

Public health at risk: does it matter who or why? Can we address the real problem instead of staging endless arguments about who is more "right"?
From the article:

"Vaccination rates are up 12 percent overall since 2013"

and

"most kids who missed vaccines missed them because they skipped regular doctor appointments, not because their parents deliberately declined to get them vaccinated"
Are you denying that vaccination refusal rates are up?

"You are assuming that given the choice no one, or very few will vaccinate. I don't agree..."
Neither do I because I never said that. I think enough people will choose not to because it's
"not natural", thereby defeating the whole purpose.

Do you think schools should not have the option of refusing pupils that will put the other students at risk?
If my kid is immunized, how is another kid going to put him at risk?
Good question!

https://www.verywellhealth.com/who-is-at...ds-2634420

Is your kid immunized, just by the way?
This article speaks almost entirely about infants too young for vaccinations, and about those infants contracting diseases from health care waiting rooms, etc. So I guess if if a teenage girl is bringing her infant child to school you have a point.

This discussion started with your assertion that pro science and pro choice cannot coexist and work in schools. With the exception of a few select sentences the vast majority of every link you have provided contradicts your position.

I think we have dominated this thread long enough. Thanks for the discussion. I hope it has brought some insight to others on this topic.

Careful Paul/Tom ... Your asking about peoples children, need I remind you of your hypocrisy vis-à-vis another thread ?