Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IQ test for dogs
"The Dog Whisperer" has his own show. you can order his series from amazon, he is absolutely fantastic with dogs as well as the training of people to be dog owners. I think he was/is on "discovery channel" or "animal planet" i cant remember, sorry
I am surprised that German Shepards were tops on the IQ tests, every other dog intelligent test puts Border Collies as #1.
Always do what evers next.
quote:
Originally posted by rusty h

i have a 8 year old shepard that has to pee on everything. if i leave in my home unwatched sure enough there he goes on my shoes, corner of the bed etc....[Sad!]

any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Peace

Had a Duchhound (datsun) that did that! I was ready to kill him after the new carpets were installed. I thought about taking him to the pound but ... well, that would be cruel since....... The new owner might just kill him ... I tried EVERYTHING!!! Well, not everything but...

The only solution to a dog that pee's on everything is a Dog door and fence... They actually will stop after a few weeks if they know they can go out when every they want and go....

Good Luck!
quote:
Originally posted by Easygoing

I am surprised that German Shepards were tops on the IQ tests, every other dog intelligent test puts Border Collies as #1.

Yes I am surprised to. That is why I'm asking Stillhope where she got her DATA from.

My understanding is that Border Collies are #1 and Poodles are #2.

So once again, I ask... where is this data that Stillhope is trying to show us.

http://petrix.com/dogint/1-10.html

I also find it ironic that the boxer is ranked 46th however, some people think they are just the smartest little buggahs.

http://petrix.com/dogint/40-54.html

-------
The more we speak up... the more they will listen.
quote:
Originally posted by Easygoing

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I guess Dr.Overall's tests are not so good after all or the sheppards got smarter.

and perhaps neither are Professor Coren's:

http://americanboxerclub.org/gaz94-07.html

QUOTE....

Boxers are ranked 48th, tied with Scottish Deerhounds and one step above Great Danes. How was "Coren's List" created? He sent questionnaires to obedience judges across North America and tabulated their responses. Anyone who tries to simplistically equate obedience performance with intelligence has not spent more than a fleeting millisecond with a Boxer.

A Boxer basically does what it does when it feels like doing it, but when it wants to it can learn like lightning. (Take that, Professor!) I still smile when I remember my first Boxer out in the backyard with my father while he taught her to jump hurdles. She jumped a lot of hurdles that afternoon. She saw very little point to the exercise and firmly and irrevocably decided she would do no more hurdle jumping. Period. She wagged her tail a lot and eventually convinced me that a delicious roll in the local swamp would be more to her liking. I learn fast, too.

You see, Boxers are nothing if not obstinate. Those who successfully train Boxers to advanced obedience degrees are without peer---they have learned how to be smarter than their dog and that a Boxer needs to know why it should do something, why it should interrupt its leisure to pursue some silly human desire. If you give it reason enough, it may perform for you, and do so in style, but a Boxer without a reason is immovable. End of discussion.

....END QUOTE

Of course, I agree [Big Grin][Big Grin][Big Grin]

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident