Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dairy Pau cheap steaks !!
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

the only Reply button is Reply with Quote, at least as far as I can see.

You can continue to do that, but then you could also delete everything except the main phrase or sentence you’re replying to

I"ve been doing that off and on, but is so non-typical, that I often forgot and have yet to see the reasoning. I understant that it is Mr. Tucker's forum, and obviously he has the final say-so, but I can't see what's to be gained by deleting part or all of the quote. Perhaps there are storage-space/$$ issues.

Speaking Truth to Lies / Facts to Ignorance
I can't see what's to be gained by deleting part or all of the quote.

It’s easier to read.
If I had quoted your entire previous post rather than the excerpt in the top line above, there’s a lot more to wade through to get to the main point.

Entire quotes might be appropriate if it’s from a page or two back, but if it’s from the same page it’s easier to just scroll up if it’s necessary to read the entire conversation.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by HereOnThePrimalEdge

It’s easier to read.

It may be easier, I agree that long quotes might better be avoided, but a "blind" post, to me, is a context-less shout in the dark that might apply to several posts.

quote:
Originally posted by ElysianWort

See what I mean Open-d? With you, even the little insignificant topics. I disagree.

I would rather eat beef from cattle that have a free range of pastures to graze from than those that are trapped in small pens for most their lives eating silage.

I would rather eat a burger from a cow that has had a half descent life out on the pasture.

Does retail-packaged meat come with the cow's resume or pedigree? How would you possibly know what sort of life a cow had?

My advice, go to Costco, select a nice USDA Prime Ribeye and enjoy!! Almost certainly, it will have gained most of its weight on grass and been finished on grain, and will TASTE GREAT!!!!

the only Reply button is Reply with Quote, at least as far as I can see.
-------------
Scroll down towards the bottom of the page.

You can do a "quick reply" or slightly above that option is the options for New Topic, Reply to Topic, Send Topic to a Friend and Printer Friendly.
quote:
Originally posted by leilanidude

Thanks.

A little help allways goes a long way bruddas.

HPP

HPP
"Does retail-packaged meat come with the cow's resume or pedigree? How would you possibly know what sort of life a cow had?"

This is coming with blockchain technology, though only aggregate information for things like hamburger and sausage. Some of the uber fancy restaurants can already tell you what time of day the fish was caught, including the name of the boat and individual fisherman. Individual cows and in some cases meat sheep and goats are already tracked with a surprising amount of back story because of mad cow and scrapie prevention measures.
quote:
Originally posted by terracore

"Does retail-packaged meat come with the cow's resume or pedigree? How would you possibly know what sort of life a cow had?"

This is coming with blockchain technology, though only aggregate information for things like hamburger and sausage. Some of the uber fancy restaurants can already tell you what time of day the fish was caught, including the name of the boat and individual fisherman. Individual cows and in some cases meat sheep and goats are already tracked with a surprising amount of back story because of mad cow and scrapie prevention measures.

OMG, bordering on TMI!!!![Smile]

Speaking Truth to Lies / Facts to the Ignorance
"This is coming with blockchain technology, though only aggregate information for things like hamburger and sausage. Some of the uber fancy restaurants can already tell you what time of day the fish was caught, including the name of the boat and individual fisherman."

Had to send back a wine the other day. It was bottled a few years too soon to go with our Sea Bass that was caught at 07:45 earlier in the day. Our server thought the combination would work but there was no precise date for the bottling so we had to play safe.