Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
harry wants more money
quote:
Originally posted by bluesboy

The road work crews with more people holding signs than actually working are disturbing. I would prefer to see the crews busting a bit more tail when the sun is out.

The other problem is lots of people don’t actually report taxes. Those people are automatically disqualified from any discussion of tax use, in my book.

If you pay rent or own a house or buy anything from a store you pay taxes. So. I dont know how you dont pay taxes

jrw
jrw
Hwy 11 is STATE - not county.

Not over grown much.

Rotation basis in mowing .

Let Ige know .
Conflict Vet tax 25 bucks a year.
In the 1960s it was 5.00 a year.In the mid 70s it jumped to 7.50 a year and a few years after 12.50 a year.
Depends on perspective.
HOW do you buy food if you do not pay taxes unless you are on the EBT human govt funded charge card .
Mrs.Mimosa
The word used in the original was NOT "pay" it was "report", which sounds to me to be income taxes where each taxpayer files their own tax "report", aka Tax Return, not taxes that are reported and paid by merchants/vendors/service providers, in which customers don't report, just fund.

Also, I find the use of the "H" word to be objectionable. We all know it can be used in different ways, but most of the time it is derogatory despite it's original meaning.

Speaking Truth to Lies!!! / Facts to Ignorance!!!
So Mrs Mimosa, you think only white people use EBT cards? Maybe u should ck the stats on who gets EBT in hawaii and elsewhere. Sure plenty people dont deserve it as they dont work or cant find work and are indegent, but many households would be on the street if not for ebt.

It lets u pay your mortgage or rent ,without worries for being able to feed your family.

Ive been there when the wife was out of work and im disabled vet. I would not have figured a maternal grandmotherlike u would have racial views like that? Im guessing that you would want to take care of your family first?

Aloha

HPP

HPP
Jacques Rousseau: When the people shall have nothing more to eat, they will eat the rich.

I would rather pay $30. for your food than have you steal my TV to get $30. for your food.

I don't resent people with less having something. SNAP is a great program overall, nothing is without some abuse, but the program is very good.

see Schadenfreude: the experience of pleasure, joy, or self-satisfaction that comes from learning of or witnessing the troubles, failures, or humiliation of another.
I wish I qualified for EBT, but apparently if you are at all responsible working or saving money you don't qualify.

Meanwhile, if you do work (from Puna) you get to pay all sorts of taxes, including a fuel tax that never makes it back to your private roads. Our share of FTR would pay for a lot of gravel and scraping. Has anyone talked to Matt Kanealii-Kleinfelder about that yet?
quote:
Originally posted by BillyB

I don't resent people with less having something. SNAP is a great program overall, nothing is without some abuse, but the program is very good.

see Schadenfreude: the experience of pleasure, joy, or self-satisfaction that comes from learning of or witnessing the troubles, failures, or humiliation of another.

When I was still finding my way towards my "career", I worked briefly in a convenience store. In that job, I would ring-up people buying luxury foods like ice cream (B & J) and beef jerky and paying for same with food stamps. I couldn't afford such things on my modest pay, but these people would show up like clockwork at do so, paid for with the sweat of someone else's brow, mine included. That unfair set affairs spurred my conversion to being conservative.

The program may be very good for those with sweat-less brows, but it is horrible for America.

Speaking Truth to Lies!!! / Facts to Ignorance!!!
SNAP is a great program overall, nothing is without some abuse, but the program is very good.

Sometimes we need reminding that not only do those that need it get help, but that in turn the program keeps the pressures of poverty from spilling over into other areas. It is also good to remember that the EBT program is, ultimately, corporate welfare.

A lot of the folks on the right like to vilify welfare recipients while at the same time they avoid acknowledging that the real beneficiary are corporate entities that add these tax dollars to their profits. This ideologically driven lack of acknowledgment of the facts has worked well to further their agenda but is no longer tenable in light of the changing landscape in the industrial sector.

Right now, within the next 15 years if we believe one of the largest players in the industry (who was interviewed recently by 60 Minutes), the world is poised to loose 60% of all jobs on the planet to automation. Yes sixty percent in fifteen years.

The entire concept of working for a living being an absolute part of our social construct, and the negative stigma that comes with not working for a living, has to go. Those that want to continue to legislate an outdated morality are going to have to quickly give it up. Without a very large change in the way we look at this one issue there is no way to keep us from becoming a have and have not society with those that today clamor about abuses to the EBT program themselves being swept into the have not's.

And you know, if folks that want to make a bunch of noise about climate change being a made up conspiracy to control us all blah blah blah can't come to the table on that issue I fear they will die long before they'll give up their belief in working as a moral imperative.