Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Um .. Rob ? For your review please.
its okay bro, you'll be fine.

Aloha Smile
Aloha Smile
British humor/comedy still fecking sucks!
It is mostly lame.

Humor, like a weather report is best tailored for a local audience. Comedy has nuance.
Action movies on the other hand, with car chases and stuff blowing up are so prevalent in movie theaters because studios can dub them into any language and people in Hilo or Shanghai will both understand explosions, weapons blasting, and people shrieking while running for their lives. The universal language.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
There was one hilarious British show during the 1980s called "Spitting Images." Puppets portraying then-current politicians and celebrities were featured in funny skits, sort of like SNL. It wasn't on U.S. television because it was considered too wild.

Any time you let someone make you angry, you are letting them control you.
A petty tyrant is a person who causes distress by imposing his/her will on others using psychological pressure rather than physical force. The petty tyrant feels he may impose his will because he believes that he is a superior being and because he wants to operate from a position of authority.

Petty tyrants are the button-pushers, the individuals that have the ability to throw things off-balance for you if you let them. Many petty tyrants are unaware that they are the cause of so much frustration. They are effective teachers because they force the warrior to closely monitor their own reactions and habitual behaviors. The result is mindfulness and the ability to shift the assemblage point, even if ever so slightly, in order to loosen the fixation to the conditioned response that causes the reaction in the first place.

The freedom arrives when the petty tyrant no longer affects you. You are in their presence and they are the same they have always been. Annoying to no end, distracting and even disruptive but they just don’t have the same affect on you anymore. You are no longer annoyed or imbalanced by them. You have accomplished the feat of shifting your assemblage point so that you no longer perceive annoyances in the same manner you did in the past and you have successfully severed the energetic stronghold that the petty tyrant had on your self-importance. In fact, you can’t even remember what it was that annoyed you so much in the first place.

This is the gift. The petty tyrant pushes and pushes and pushes until the very thing(s) that bothered you about them in the first place no longer do. Unwittingly, they set the stage for growth in areas you may not have even realized should be addressed. The petty tyrant can stop your world by activating a series of emotions and responses within you that you could not even imagine existed. They are, in their own right, a portal for deepening your quest for freedom.

https://www.suzannewagner.com/showcase/w...castaneda/
ElysianWort wrote:

"Yup I made it about one quarter way through that clip.

My opinion: British humor/comedy still fecking sucks!
"

Er, Father Ted is not British humor.

Old Croc - yes, Spitting Image was superb. There has been talk of a new series but haven't checked to see if it will happen. I hope so.
Glinda wrote:

"You are no longer annoyed or imbalanced by them. You have accomplished the feat of shifting your assemblage point so that you no longer perceive annoyances in the same manner you did in the past and you have successfully severed the energetic stronghold that the petty tyrant had on your self-importance."

Imbalances, warriors, assemblage points, portals for freedom, energetic strongholds etc?

Seriously?
I know you don't like me Tom, so I try not to bother you, but I think I can actually be of assistance here, hopefully. Otherwise, I apologize for annoying you further. That talk of energetic strongholds and portals really, really sounds like someone who is saying something reasonable, but is high on cannabis. One of the reasons why rappers are into weed is the freer association of words a person has when high.

Aloha Smile
Aloha Smile
I loved what you shared Glinda!
A reminder of methods for following a righteous path in life.

Loved those books too by Castenada.

Not surprising the response too, by our narrow-minded genius. As if there aren't Imbalances, warriors, assemblage points, portals for freedom, and energetic strongholds in our life we live in.

They are there whether or not you see or recognize them.
"Imbalances, warriors, assemblage points, portals for freedom, energetic strongholds etc?"

Agree with Tom. This is getting pretty out there.

"You are no longer annoyed or imbalanced by them..."

But then these petty tyrants get a regulatory jobs in government where they can order people around. (A common life choice for petty tyrants.)

Or they take prominent roles in activist groups, e.g., C.A.V.E. (Citizens Against Virtually Everything)