Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When are the people going to jail
hokuili - you're using the same unusual words and language that both dakine and glinda used. If you still believe people don't know who you are then you are more oblivious than even I believed. It's sad seeing someone deteriorate the way you have. I hope you get better.
Fun eh? Your judgements are always appreciated. Though to be honest, you look silly in them. And I certainly wouldn't want to be seen in public wearing those costumes. But hey, to each his own. Right?
dakine/glinda/hokuili wrote:

"Fun eh? Your judgements are always appreciated. Though to be honest, you look silly in them. And I certainly wouldn't want to be seen in public earring those costumes. But hey, to each his own. Right?"

No, not fun. Trolls aren't fun and your dishonesty is not fun either. You should be ashamed but I don't think that is something you are capable of.

And what on earth does this mean?

"And I certainly wouldn't want to be seen in public earring those costumes."
Tom, Sorry to see you dealing with this nonsense, I’m sure today has been hard enough for you with Pam’s service today.
quote:
Originally posted by hokuili

As far as I am concerned the humbug with OHA is an Hawaiian issue. They get the money as beneficiaries of long ago emplaced federally required allotments. From there, as far as I am concerned, the management of that money, good or bad, is an Hawaiian issue. Encourage them, educate them, but let them work it out for themselves.

Anything more would be like me coming to your house and telling you what is right and wrong about the way you live your life. Hey man, you're squandering your money! Would you like your neighbor to come over and tell you like that?

They take money right out of your pocket and you dont care the put in there pocket not the Hawaiian people pocket. It is tax money . Only the trustees and their friend s get the money not the average jo blow

jrw
jrw
quote:
Originally posted by jrw

They take money right out of your pocket..
I believe you are wrong..

From: https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session20...07-19_.PDF

"As background, the Hawaii Admission Act and the State Constitution established the Public Land Trust for the betterment of the conditions of native Hawaiians and for the general public. The Public Land Trust comprises over one million acres of former government and crown land of the Kingdom of Hawaii, seized as part of the Kingdom’s unlawful overthrow. The Hawaii Constitution entrusts OHA with the responsibility to manage and administer Public Land Trust funds set aside for Native Hawaiians, which state law reaffirms as 20% of all funds from the Trust.

After decades of disagreement as to how to determine this 20%, in 2006, OHA and the state agreed to an interim annual amount of $15.1 million, to be transferred to OHA as a reflection of Native Hawaiians’ Public Land Trust share, “until further action is taken by the legislature.” As part of this agreement, the state was to compile annual reports on all receipts generated from the Public Land Trust, for the purpose of revisiting the interim annual amount with better data."

I could paste more but that sums it up and if you want to delve into the details follow the link I post above.

Now, with that in mind, please tell me how my money, my tax dollars, have anything to do with the money allocated to OHA. I am curious.. are you saying that money, revenue from land stolen, shouldn't be given to the Hawaiians? That the federal government who set this in motion in the first place was wrong? That the state of Hawaii is wrong? If so I suspect your panties will really get twisted in one big time knot when we get down to working out giving them the land back. Which, like it or not, is the eventual outcome of all this.

I should add: I don't know about all the ins and outs of OHA's funding, and there may be other state sourced revenue streams that are based in taxed derived funds. If so, that is an issue that I believe could be remedied if the state would get real about the 20% and autonomy. If everyone faced the issue with an eye towards settling the matter once and for all, then, I hope all the pilikiea could be addressed, settled. Until then, the humbug is just going to go through cycles, wax and wane, with each new "event" that gives cause for the Hawaiians to express their grievances.
when we get down to working out giving them the land back.

Maybe DHHL can administer the land transfer, given they’ve had almost 100 years of experience. With the system they’re devised over the last century, it should only take another 1000 years or more to complete the process of getting Hawaiians back on the additional land they get back.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
OHA might be a good idea in theory, but the reality is:

- beneficiaries don't actually benefit -- if they survive the waiting list, they get a lease that might not even be transferrable to their children

- as a State agency, OHA gets things like lawyers and office space paid for with public dollars

- granting benefits based on race is not "Equal Protection Under the Law" (and OHA does not enjoy the exemption created by Tribal recognition)

Hawaiians aren't benefitting from OHA's largesse -- but someone certainly is, only we won't find out where the money went because audits are too hard.

quote:
Originally posted by Seeb

The state will do nothing because hawaiian issues are political radioactive. It time for the FBI to step in.

It's my understanding that the DOJ is already involved. Anyone back me up on that?
Yes, an FBI investigation was disclosed sometime last year. Haven't heard any findings yet, but they might only come after a grand jury issues or doesn't issue indictments.