Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Saddle Mountain trash
Where is the defender of the protectors, hokuili? I'm sure he has a response to these accusations or has he given up on posting here?
hokuili is on an unplanned vacation.
Not everyone has the benefit of a good education or a proper upbringing. Some people have very real physical, psychological, or chemical ailments that prevent or distract them from being responsible. These people are our neighbors and friends, and we should be sympathetic to them and show them kindness. But we should not be "politically correct" and allow them to continue holding the rest of us hostage because they disagree. We need to haul their junk off the mauna and get started on the observatory. Anyone blocking the road from this point on gets arrested. Anything less just encourages people to believe their bullcrap.
The Protectors who created the situation at Mauna Kea Access Road say the current group of campers are unaffiliated with their original group. The current campers say they are “the organic extension of the protests.”

Unfortunately, they’re not biodegradable.

However, a handful of people remain up there at any given time, along with a few abandoned tents and other detritus.

However, none of the people currently at the access road are officially affiliated with Pu’uhonua o Pu’uhuluhulu, the organization that formed to support the protests.

Wong-Wilson cautioned that, while the camp in its heyday operated under strict rules of cleanliness, those rules “went down when we did,” and the present occupants may not be motivated by the same love of the ‘aina as the protesters — although Kinamika called the current occupation “the organic extension of the protests.”

https://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/202...-maunakea/
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Some people have very real physical, psychological, or chemical ailments that prevent or distract them from being responsible.

Yet somehow we keep electing them.
The people up there now are primarily homeless people. Better up there than squatting in empty houses.
quote:
Originally posted by alaskyn66

The people up there now are primarily homeless people. Better up there than squatting in empty houses.

Not talking the people living there now. There all cans of tents .tarps and other garbage left by the protester who are not living up there anymore.

jrw
jrw
Has anyone else heard this stastic?

46% of the earth's populations has an IQ under 100?

I know, I know, IQ tests are rigorously debated, but still... ?!
My apologies. I was internally chastising another member for not posting a Puna-centric post. That'd be me tonight.

quote:
Originally posted by lisa

Has anyone else heard this stastic?

I know, I know, IQ tests are rigorously debated, but still... ?!

There are different tests and scores etc etc...
...but, a score of 100 is approximately an average IQ.
Which means 50% of the population would have a score below that, and 50% above.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves