Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5G Approved In Puna
(07-17-2021, 01:37 PM)TomK Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 06:02 PM)leilanidude Wrote: 5G has already been on the island for a while now. It is the lower speed wideband version which has greater distance. If you check out the current coverage maps for 5G on the island, you may be surprised at how well the coverage already is.

I spent a little time trying to figure out 5G coverage on the island, and really didn't come up with anything satisfactory, it pretty much came down to looking at various maps from various cell phone providers. I also don't understand "how well the coverage already is" unless you mean that whatever 5G networks are available are "well" or are in good health. You could have said "how large the coverage is" but suspect you chose to describe it differently. So, if it isn't too much trouble, could you post links that will help explain to the rest of us "how well 5G coverage is" and "how large 5G coverage is" on the island so we can understand your claim?

Thanks.

It took you 6.5 months to come up with your feeble attempt at a smarta$$ reply? In the meantime, everyone else knows exactly what was said. Simply look at the coverage maps which are now showing even more 5g coverage than when I posted the first time.
(07-17-2021, 04:26 PM)leilanidude Wrote:
(07-17-2021, 01:37 PM)TomK Wrote:
(01-09-2021, 06:02 PM)leilanidude Wrote: 5G has already been on the island for a while now. It is the lower speed wideband version which has greater distance. If you check out the current coverage maps for 5G on the island, you may be surprised at how well the coverage already is.

I spent a little time trying to figure out 5G coverage on the island, and really didn't come up with anything satisfactory, it pretty much came down to looking at various maps from various cell phone providers. I also don't understand "how well the coverage already is" unless you mean that whatever 5G networks are available are "well" or are in good health. You could have said "how large the coverage is" but suspect you chose to describe it differently. So, if it isn't too much trouble, could you post links that will help explain to the rest of us "how well 5G coverage is" and "how large 5G coverage is" on the island so we can understand your claim?

Thanks.

It took you 6.5 months to come up with your feeble attempt at a smarta$$ reply? In the meantime, everyone else knows exactly what was said. Simply look at the coverage maps which are now showing even more 5g coverage than when I posted the first time.

I just asked you for evidence. My apologies if this upsets you and once again, perhaps you could provide a link or URL for the maps you're referring to? As to your 6.5 months reference, that means you have had a further 6 months to post something that supports your point of view, but you haven't. Even better, you can show how much 5G coverage has increased during that period.

Isn't it interesting that when you hook a kook, they just keep thrashing?
No "smarta$$ reply" is complete without a little name-calling.
Simply look at the coverage maps

I’ve looked at cellular service coverage maps since I had my first first mobile phone back in the early 1990’s.  The best that can be said about those offered by service providers, especially in hilly areas like Hawaii, is that they’re aspirational or overly optimistic.

The reality of advising “simply look” at the service provider coverage maps in a place like Puna is that because the maps are flat, they can also prove the earth is flat.
(07-17-2021, 05:49 PM)My 2 cents Wrote: No "smarta$$ reply" is complete without a little name-calling.

So, these 5G maps of wellness or coverage for the Big Island. Where are they?
(07-17-2021, 06:30 PM)TomK Wrote:
(07-17-2021, 05:49 PM)My 2 cents Wrote: No "smarta$$ reply" is complete without a little name-calling.

So you can code on Linux and shoot space lasers but not Google some carrier coverage maps? Smile
5G maps of wellness or coverage for the Big Island. Where are they?

Here's one for Verizon.  Not from the carrier.
It's really more of a 5G non-coverage map, last update 6/11/2021
https://www.nperf.com/en/map/US/5855927.Hilo/3255.Verizon-Wireless/signal/?ll=19.72991&lg=-155.09073&zoom=9

Perhaps someone knows of a map that shows there is 5G on Big Island?

I have no idea, but apparently you believe that their absence is justification for name-calling.  This is where we disagree.
(07-17-2021, 11:08 PM)My 2 cents Wrote:

I have no idea, but apparently you believe that their absence is justification for name-calling.  This is where we disagree.

When you have someone who posts unverifiable information, makes claims without evidence despite being asked to provide evidence and is also well-known for making claims that have no basis in science, I'm OK with calling them a kook, because that's what they are. On the other hand, when I ask for evidence, I get called a "smarta$$", and apparently, you have no problem with that. Given your posting history, this doesn't surprise me, but frankly, if one walks and quacks like a duck, they are a duck.
Here is my take, I have a 5G phone. It indicates 5G whenever it detects a signal.
It has never indicated 5G on the Big Island at least in the areas I travel.
The 1st time I saw 5g indicated was after landing in HNL and later on the mainland.