Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lucy's Taqueria for sale
We ate at a place that was similar in style to Chipotle (walk down the line and tell them what you want in your burrito/taco and they build it). I cannot remember the name, but it was bland and mediocre at best. Funny everyone mentioning how loud Lucy's was - it was so bad we couldn't hear each other talk. I thought it myst have just been a really boisterous crowd that day, but now I see it differently.
(03-21-2021, 11:54 PM)HI_Someday Wrote: We ate at a place that was similar in style to Chipotle (walk down the line and tell them what you want in your burrito/taco and they build it). I cannot remember the name, but it was bland and mediocre at best. Funny everyone mentioning how loud Lucy's was - it was so bad we couldn't hear each other talk. I thought it myst have just been a really boisterous crowd that day, but now I see it differently.

That was WikiFresh, and I really wanted to love it (loving Chipotle as I do) but they just couldn't season things.  I gave them many many tries over time, but it always struck me as bland, kinda like Luquin's.
That was WikiFresh

It will be much better as an Ola Brew taproom, assuming they make it through the 1-2 years it takes County to issue permits.
(03-22-2021, 12:43 AM)randomq Wrote:
(03-21-2021, 11:54 PM)HI_Someday Wrote: We ate at a place that was similar in style to Chipotle (walk down the line and tell them what you want in your burrito/taco and they build it). I cannot remember the name, but it was bland and mediocre at best. Funny everyone mentioning how loud Lucy's was - it was so bad we couldn't hear each other talk. I thought it myst have just been a really boisterous crowd that day, but now I see it differently.

That was WikiFresh, and I really wanted to love it (loving Chipotle as I do) but they just couldn't season things.  I gave them many many tries over time, but it always struck me as bland, kinda like Luquin's.

(03-22-2021, 02:15 AM)kalakoa Wrote: That was WikiFresh

It will be much better as an Ola Brew taproom, assuming they make it through the 1-2 years it takes County to issue permits.

That was it - WikiFresh. The 2nd time I had them douse it with "lava sauce" so I could get some flavor, but even that was bland.
Wikifresh closed in January 2020 and the building is still empty.

Lucy’s stopped serving inside and only have a small window to order take out so their business dropped significantly with the pandemic.

We’ve been enjoying Panchos Taco truck, pretty good, authentic Mexican food and usually has a long line for lunch.
Interesting, you can invest in Ola Brew online: https://www.startengine.com/ola-brew

If history repeats itself and we have another "roaring 20s", it might be good timing!

Opinions?

I'll have to try Pancho's, thanks!
You might want to try the Ola beverages before putting money into them. I tried two of the hard seltzers and they were pretty awful.
I tried two of the hard seltzers and they were pretty awful.

The seltzer is variable -- some batches have stronger flavor and are quite tasty. Their ciders are good, the kiawe vanilla porter is excellent, and they make a fantastic imperial coffee/chocolate (only available in the taproom).
They are featured at the Jackie Rey's "tap takeover" event every couple of months. Much shorter drive.
I tried two of the hard seltzers and they were pretty awful.

Their IPAs are fabulous.
(03-22-2021, 08:48 PM)Kiana Wrote: I tried two of the hard seltzers and they were pretty awful.

Their IPAs are fabulous.
Far as I'm concerned, their IPA is the best in the state. But what's this got to do with the old Wiki Fresh location? Is a taproom really in the works, or are we just dreaming???