Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Seen any good movies lately?
Season 1 of Patriot on Amazon Prime.

The Kominsky Method on Netflix.

Jack Ryan (Tom Clancy) on Amazon Prime.
Just enjoyed a couple of well spent hours with a documentary on Hulu. Once Were Brothers.

A Robbie Robertson narrated history of the phenomena known as The Band.

Wow. Listening to Chest Fever brought back some memories.
Ok, definitely not new, but a great kid's movie that adults will enjoy, "The Brave Little Toaster".
(02-02-2022, 01:42 AM)Rob Tucker Wrote: This pandemic, two years now, has been burning up the streaming on 
Whatcha got?

we have been going out to see new Movies at the theatre, lately.  Not many people in the audience, not crowded.  Some films need to be seen on a large screen.   Great movies!  The best in years!

(many of these will be streaming sooner rather than laterSmile

1) West Side Story

A must see!   Better than the original.  An instant classic.  Scene by scene perfection!  Unforgettable!  Highly recommended!

2). Sing 2, followed, only slightly, by  Encanto

Fabulous animation!  Wonderful singing.  Plots a little goofy, but who cares given all the rest.  Definitely recommended.  Not just for children.

3). Dune

The next Star Wars!  Extremely well done.  Imaginative.  A worthy successor to the previous versions.  I am still flying the dragonfly.  For every science fiction fan, it’s a must see.  

4). King Richard

wonderfully well done film about Serena and Venus Williams (tennis stars) *father* who raised them well under trying circumstances.  Memorable!  Do see it in these trying times.

/*
Not:  Ghostbusters.  Mixed up plot, mediocre film in spite of our expectations.  We left 2/3 of the way through.  Not even for kids.
*/

Enjoy!

Ccat
I still prefer the 1984 Dune. This one was over two hours and only told half the story, and not as well!
(02-03-2022, 07:29 PM)randomq Wrote: I still prefer the 1984 Dune. This one was over two hours and only told half the story, and not as well!
My biggest criticism of the new Dune would be length.  About 2/3 of the way through it drags a bit.  But finishes well.

I think  about 20 minutes could be removed and make a tighter movie.

But still very enjoyable.

Ccat
Speaking of a long time in Dunes.
Take it back another 20 years for this masterpiece.

https://archive.org/details/woman.in.the...aac-sartre
One of my favorite movies of all time.
Certainty will be the death of us.
I see there is a Knives Out 2 on Netflix. Haven't seen it yet but enjoyed the first one.
Sometimes a movie's title takes on a life of its own. Two films I have not seen come to mind... Godzilla vs. the Smog Monster and Attack of the Killer Tomatoes come to mind. Someday, given the opportunity, I'll have to check them out.

A new one popped up on the Awsome platform on Roku. Attack of the Killer Donuts. It instantly entered the pantheon of awesome, campy titles. I had to think about it a couple days before I went back and watched it.

It was everything I expected and a bit better a production than I would have guessed. Not a must see though.

Films like these lend me to imagine a meeting where some low rent director is pitching the film to someone able to finance the production. That pitch itself was obviously better than the end result. And on that basis Attack of the Killer Donuts makes my list.