Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gas prices / where the cheapest gas is
Don't know where cheapest gas is but @HOTPE i would say voting smarter as a precursor to this mess.

I did that
voting smarter as a precursor to this mess

Politicians don't actually control the price of gas, unless you're expecting the US military to "stabilize" Ukraine; irony there being that you're still paying for it, out of a different pocket where you can't see how much it costs.

Now, if you extend the idea of "voting" to include "personal choices", then yes, you could choose to live in a place that doesn't require so much driving.
(06-04-2022, 06:44 PM)kalakoa Wrote: voting smarter as a precursor to this mess

Politicians don't actually control the price of gas, unless you're expecting the US military to "stabilize" Ukraine; irony there being that you're still paying for it, out of a different pocket where you can't see how much it costs.

Now, if you extend the idea of "voting" to include "personal choices", then yes, you could choose to live in a place that doesn't require so much driving.
Yes, I agree 100%

Lucky we don't live California. 

A Chevron station in the coastal village of Mendocino about 175 miles north of San Francisco was charging $9.60 a gallon for regular on Friday afternoon.

That’s more than $3 a gallon above the state average of $6.30, and $4.78 higher than the national average of $4.82"
i would say voting smarter as a precursor

If you think voting for a particular political party will lower the price at the pump in East Hawaii, you are wasting your vote.

What will help?  Buy petroleum stocks.  Then when the oil companies gouge their customers as has been documented in the recent quarterly earnings reports, your stock price and dividends will skyrocket and you won’t care what gas costs.  The more other people pay for gas, the more $ you make.  
Amnesia and Brain Fog are becoming a thing now. Due to kobeed. Lots of links. YES it's a thing.
(06-05-2022, 05:58 AM)elepaio pid= Wrote:Amnesia and Brain Fog are becoming a thing now. Due to kobeed. Lots of links. YES it's a thing.
The failure to connect this comment to gas prices has me wondering if you're speaking from personal experience. 

Anyone out there rolling coal?  That stinky diesel is WAY up there in price.
"Take the bus and leave the polluting (and fuel bill) to us". It's free now. https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2022/06/04...t-2-years/
(06-05-2022, 02:56 AM)Durian Fiend Wrote:
(06-04-2022, 06:44 PM)kalakoa Wrote: voting smarter as a precursor to this mess

Yes, I agree 100%

Lucky we don't live California. 

A Chevron station in the coastal village of Mendocino about 175 miles north of San Francisco was charging $9.60 a gallon for regular on Friday afternoon.

That’s more than $3 a gallon above the state average of $6.30, and $4.78 higher than the national average of $4.82"

Having lived in the Mendocino/Fort Bragg/Comptche area, the "about 175 miles north of San Francisco" part doesn't tell the whole story.

The Mendocino Coast is one of the more secluded and sparsely populated areas of Northern California.  Fuel and grocery costs have always been higher than normal in that area.  As a trucker, your choices are either to drive 70 miles up Highway 128(which is very beautiful but is also quite a crawl in a tractor trailer), or the 40 mile trip across Highway 20 which takes you through steep mountain canyons.  

Living off the beaten path is priceless until you need goods and services as everyone living in Puna is well aware...
If it is true that liquids become denser at lower temperature.

Might get a little extra gas fueling up in the early morning or night.

When temps are 70° degrees out.

More than you would get fueling up when its 83° midday anyways.
(06-14-2022, 07:13 AM)Space Karen Wrote: If it is true that liquids become denser at lower temperature.

Might get a little extra gas fueling up in the early morning or night.

When temps are 70° degrees out.

More than you would get fueling up when its 83° midday anyways.

Nope the advent of weighted dispensing have been around for a very long time.