Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Popeyes Hiring
Iʻm doomed.
Popeye's opening on 4/20.

I wonder if there is any significance in the date?
The saddest part about Popeye's finally opening will be the endless amounts of Popeye's trash littering the roads from all those protectors who will flock to it just like they do with McDonald's and the other fast food places.
Walked into Popeyes today. There were a lot of people inside behind the counter and sitting in tables. I assumed they were open since the door was open .....so I walked up to the counter and started to order. They immediately told me they weren't open. They were training new help and won't be open to the public for "several" weeks.
+1 L_Dude
Two new postings about Popeyes on social media:

#1 Grand opening pushed back to April 24th.

#2 Grand opening "pushed back, no confirmed opening date".
Are Popeyes still advertising for jobs? If so, that might suggest they haven't found the right kind of employees yet.

(04-14-2023, 04:27 PM)leilanidude Wrote: The saddest part about Popeye's finally opening will be the endless amounts of Popeye's trash littering the roads from all those protectors who will flock to it just like they do with McDonald's and the other fast food places.

It just means there will be a different component of trash. Instead of throwing away their McD's trash on Saturday and Sunday, it'll be shared between both chains.
#2 Grand opening "pushed back, no confirmed opening date".

Why is it so hard for a national name-brand chain to open a location in Class A retail space with correct zoning?
Don't forget Roth's new budget is almost $800M, If economic expansion is artificially constrained, then the additional revenue will have to come from tax increases. Did anyone here vote for "not allowing businesses to open"? I didn't see it on the ballot.
While I share kalakoa's disdain for the way the county and state constrain legitimate businesses through bureaucracy and overregulation, there is always the possibility that the owners/managers are simply inept and clueless. It happens. Also, they may have reached the point where they realized just how shallow the local labor pool is for good workers. I got there almost two decades ago, and it's only worse since Covid.
The new Popeyes at Waikaloa Village is much bigger than the one in Pahoa with its own building but its nowhere near completion.