Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DEA Thugs in Kalapana Today
Quote "Think about it….. If a bunch of citizens get together and want to make drunk driving a low priority they get together a petition vote on it and the cops don’t look for drunk drivers anymore, or until they crash and kill someone".

Seems drunk driving is already low priority according to news accounts, or did I imagine something?

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Long as we're talking about cannabis.

The gist of this piece is that marijuana is a potent cancer fighter, our government has known for thirty years, blocks research and hides studies from the public.

It's fair to say we're not talking drunk drivers. Get them guys!

Aloha.

From today's Huffington Post

The full article can be read at this link.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-armen...08712.html

Huffington Post

What Your Government Knows About Marijuana and Cancer And Isn't Telling You

Senator Ted Kennedy is putting forward a brave face following his recent surgery but the sad reality remains. Even with successful surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy treatment, gliomas -- a highly aggressive form of brain cancer that strikes approximately 10,000 Americans annually -- tragically claim the lives of 75 percent of its victims within two years and virtually all within five years.

But what if there was an alternative treatment for gliomas that could selectively target the cancer while leaving healthy cells intact? And what if federal bureaucrats were aware of this treatment, but deliberately withheld this information from the public?

Sadly, the questions posed above are not entirely hypothetical. Let me explain.

In 2007, I reviewed over 150 published preclinical and clinical studies assessing the therapeutic potential of marijuana and several of its active compounds, known as cannabinoids. I summarized these numerous studies in a book, now in its third edition, entitled Emerging Clinical Applications for Cannabis and Cannabinoids: A Review of the Scientific Literature. (NORML Foundation, 2008) One chapter in this book, which summarized the findings of more than 30 separate trials and literature reviews, was dedicated to the use of cannabinoids as potential anti-cancer agents, particularly in the treatment of gliomas.

Not familiar with this scientific research? Your government is.

In fact, the first experiment documenting pot's potent anti-cancer effects took place in 1974 at the Medical College of Virginia at the behest federal bureaucrats. The results of that study, reported in an Aug. 18, 1974, Washington Post newspaper feature, were that marijuana's primary psychoactive component, THC, "slowed the growth of lung cancers, breast cancers and a virus-induced leukemia in laboratory mice, and prolonged their lives by as much as 36 percent..."...
Lee Eisenstein
http://members.cruzio.com/~lionel/event

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."
yeah the terrorist spray program was in force up here in mt. view yesterday dripping poison in the air to be blown into our catchment tanks, at least when they do their terrorist "harvest" flights they don't drip poison on us....

lowering the priority or as it used to be called, decriminalizing cannibus worked for many years in the NW until somehow the rightous wingers, (you know the reefer madness people), somehow convinced them to recriminalize it, now the tide is turning again......

who could be against the "project peaceful skies" initative? who in their right mind wants to be terroized constantly by these invasive overflights? the mayor was wrong to put the $ in the budget for this terrorist program, especially when the council tried to squash it, hopefully it will get on the ballot........
Heard copters buzzing Leilani yesterday.

Loud and low too.
Lee Eisenstein

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."
Over thirty years ago the Dutch did the same thing.

They called it, "turning the blind eye". They knew the law was wrong and harming their society, so they made a decision to ignore it.

It has been pressure from the white powder crowd in Washington that has kept them from dumping the prohibition law, but turning the blind eye has resulted in their low levels of problems with drugs.

They are also very concerned with the idea they call, "separation of the markets", for cannabis and the hard drugs. They allowed "coffee shops" and the rest is history.

Their police chiefs are currently advocating that the government legalize cultivation.
Lee Eisenstein

I wonder, who the demographic is that the state legislators are afraid of? This forum may not be a cross section of the Hawaiian voting public, but it seems like on a vote to legalize pot would win by a wide margin. Who opposes? The eradication effort employs a lot of police, but they are not statistically significant as a voting block, and none would actually lose their jobs, they would just have to track down housebreakers, etc.

Aloha,
Rob L
Aloha,
Rob L
Well, (for one thing), the power in the drug war comes from much higher up the food chain, so that's probably a factor for any ambitious policitian.
Lee Eisenstein

Don't forget the Rambo elements in the police, both local and federal. It's a lot more fun and exciting to rapell out of helicopters than to track down burglars. Big expensive toys, for big boys with issues.

Cheers,
Jerry
If only to free up our prisons so wife,mother,child rapists can stay in is reason enough for me.
quote:
Originally posted by Rob L

I wonder, who the demographic is that the state legislators are afraid of? This forum may not be a cross section of the Hawaiian voting public, but it seems like on a vote to legalize pot would win by a wide margin. Who opposes? The eradication effort employs a lot of police, but they are not statistically significant as a voting block, and none would actually lose their jobs, they would just have to track down housebreakers, etc.

Aloha,
Rob L

I don't know. The main arguments against legalization seem like scare tactics that many people actually believe. They the opponents say it's all for the kid's sakes. Pot is a "gateway drug" that will lead them to do more harmful drugs. It makes kids lazy, unproductive and when they grow up, turns them into adult, liberal, potheads. If it becomes legal and kids start seeing adults commonly smoking it, it would be a bad influence and cause them to do all sorts of evil things. That's the kind of arguments I've been hearing. It all sounds "Reefer Madness" BS to me but I suppose there are many sheep among the voting public.