Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii License Plate
It will look lie the Hawaiian Kingdom flag but there will be an upside down pakalolo leaf in the center. Bright red yellow and green so itʻs really difficult to read the number on the plate.
No, no, no! You guys all have the selection process completely wrong. We need the county and/or state to commission a study and pay someone's cousin in Oregon $1.5 million to come up with a design everyone hates. It's the Hawaii Way, dammit!
"so itʻs really difficult to read the number on the plate."

As long as we can distinguish them over those on about 80% of the vehicles with standard Hawaii plates that have hung on the car for a decade plus and have faded into silver/grey and/or covered in living organic materials and/or been smashed into so many times its permanently part of the bumper rendering them mostly unreadable!

In all seriousness, the new way is now digital! You can put your own message on your plate and if and/or when you are suspended, expired and/or stolen - it blinks and says so!

Already approved in California, Arizona and Michigan but very very pricey!

https://reviver.com/geo-expansion/california/
“A functioning, robust democracy requires a healthy, educated, participatory followership, and an educated, morally grounded leadership.” - Chinua Achebe
No need to go digital, we can just have *all* the plates say "stolen". It will be a triple-entendre referring to the kingdom, our tax dollars, and the statistical likelihood that the car or gas or catalytic converter will actually be stolen at some point.
Forget about digital license plates, I would settle for a digital readout inside of their vehicle that displays the law(s) the driver is breaking.

"SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT" for example, in every translation known to mankind, since nobody seems capable of reading the 10+ signs printed in English between Hilo and Keaau and vice versa.

I'm not suggesting that all the signs should be in English, but that is the language the written driver's test is in, including the question that has the wrong answer on the answer key.

And since dashboards now report the PSI of the tires, why can't they report how much the vehicle weighs?

And the GPS systems... why can't they integrate with Yelp and report if the nearby Asian restaurant has bland food or not?

I must have forgotten something... maybe someone can help...
Yes. Never keep right no matter how slow you are going.

Never use the left, left hand turn lane on Makaala when leaving Walmart.

Never go around anyone turning left on the highway. Well, in this case you usually can't since left turns are made from the far right of the road.
You are all assuming that most drivers here know the difference between right and left! 

And I got to thinking that digital license plates that would blink if there has been a suspension or non-renewal or stolen issue, here in Puna, 8 of every 10 vehicles would have blinking plates which could even be more distracting than texting while driving!
“A functioning, robust democracy requires a healthy, educated, participatory followership, and an educated, morally grounded leadership.” - Chinua Achebe
(04-11-2024, 05:38 AM)HiloJulie Wrote: ..In all seriousness, the new way is now digital! You can put your own message on your plate and if and/or when you are suspended, expired and/or stolen - it blinks and says so!

That's cool.  I didn't check out the cost.   How much?
(04-12-2024, 04:51 PM)Durian Fiend Wrote:
(04-11-2024, 05:38 AM)HiloJulie Wrote: ..In all seriousness, the new way is now digital! You can put your own message on your plate and if and/or when you are suspended, expired and/or stolen - it blinks and says so!

That's cool.  I didn't check out the cost.   How much?

Very pricey indeed!

$600 to buy. Various service options that vary from $30.00 to $150.00 a year PLUS regular DMV fees.
It's official!

Get your new "SHAKA" Plate today!

(And you better not cut me off on my way to the DMV to get mine tomorrow or there will be hell to pay!)