Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eruption - The Book, (And Now The Thread!)
What to Do If You or a Loved One Lack Empathy”

I am very empathetic to scores of people (and animals for that matter) however, when someone presented with a link about a new book about a government conspiracy of a secret military operation underneath a volcano that is about to erupt at a preset time and written by one of the most renowned fictional storytellers as being real, I must admit my empathy wanes considerably.

At any event, when this new book is made into a movie, I suggest that they get BJ Penn to play the hero that not only conquers the military but also gets Pele not to erupt and save all humanity here on the Big Island by drinking hundreds of gallons of gin with her!
“We are the first generation to feel the impact of climate change and the last generation that can do something about it.”

— Barack Obama
Speaking of your new found love of empathy MyMano, if it had been me that posted that I thought a fictional book was real, would you have been empathetic to my lack of understanding of reality and greeted me with compassion or, would you have recycled what you’ve called me in the past, such as:

Dumb blonde
Chrissy Snow
Brainwashed
Sick F$&$
Chick with tiny dick fetish
Rabid
Spiked collar
Tom’s pet
Leashed dog
Bimbo

I’d love to hear your response!
“We are the first generation to feel the impact of climate change and the last generation that can do something about it.”

— Barack Obama
Just finished the book. I loved it!! I think it will also be a movie in the near future.
(06-11-2024, 08:42 PM)HiloJulie Wrote: if it had been me that posted that I thought a fictional book was real..

The World as Myth? Everyone knows that's what makes the world go round. Well, maybe not everyone, but at least those to whom it matters. I'm just surprised you never figured it out. Though, now that you mention it, that does explain a lot.
(06-12-2024, 05:08 AM)MyManao Wrote: The World as Myth? Everyone knows that's what makes the world go round. Well, maybe not everyone, but at least those to whom it matters. I'm just surprised you never figured it out. Though, now that you mention it, that does explain a lot.

Just a little bit perplexed at your reply, but after dealing with one prior poster here on Punaweb, I have become pretty good at deciphering the real meaning behind all of the word salad obfuscation of what it is you are trying to say.

Let's see if I got it, shall we?

I would first say that your "World as Myth" reference is pertaining to the author Robert Heinlein who created the character Lazarus Long who was so in love with life, he refused to stop living it and thus, lived for thousands of years.

As for what makes the world go around, that could be a continuation of Heinlein's World as Myth series, or you now may be trying to introduce Alice from Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. 

So then, if we are going to continue with this idea that "love" and "life" and this "love of life" is the only thing that matters, then where in this spectrum of "love" and "life" and "love of life" does it dictate that because you may disagree with my opinion, you have found it necessary in the past to refer to me as:

Dumb blonde
Chrissy Snow
Brainwashed
Sick F$&$
Chick with tiny dick fetish
Rabid
Spiked collar
Tom’s pet
Leashed dog
Bimbo

Or perhaps that just now at this point in your life, you are finding out about this "love" and "life" and "love of life?"

Or are you just having flashbacks to your youth, similar to this:

At any event, fiction is fiction, reality is reality. I'm looking forward to reading "Eruption" this weekend! - I think I'm going to LOVE it!

— Barack Obama
(06-12-2024, 05:51 AM)HiloJulie Wrote: Just a little bit perplexed at your reply..

Just a little?
(06-12-2024, 05:26 PM)MyManao Wrote: Just a little?

Yes. Just a little. As why you never answer a question. 

But nonetheless, I can’t wait to read the new book “Eruption” this weekend!

— Barack Obama
I'm probably an outlier, but having lived through a real eruption or three, I have no interest in an over-dramatized conspiracy-tinged version. Reality is exciting enough.
Agree 100% with Chunkster.  No thanks.  Also, this can't be good for property values in HPP.
But its FICTION!! That makes bad writing, stereotypical characters and scientific hocus pocus ok, right?