Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wild pigs and our pets
You have dogs, that great! If they are "lap dogs", you're gonna have to keep your eye on them though! Not only do you have to worry about Pigs, but you might wanna keep you eyes open for Mongoose too if your dog[s] are real small lap dogs How big are they?

Actually, I'd be more concern with the elements. Hawaii being a semi-tropical climate brings on all kinds of things. I actually worry about things like "heart worms", more than pigs in my neighborhood! Even canine infections, stuff like that.

Like john said, perhaps it's better you keep your dog on a leash. Your dog could stumble across a 200 pound feral pig taking a nap in the bush....your dog would be dead at that point! Especially if the pig is a mother!?!?
Until you get to know your surroundings, I suggest you keep fido on a leash. Nothing worse than losing a pet is close to your heart!! Keep a close eye on your beloved animals!

-----------

have a great diet. You're allowed to eat anything you want, but you must eat it with naked fat people.

~Ed Bluestone

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
quote:
Golf course workers here in Hawaii have been known to eat small dogs.

-------
Glob

and your in-laws are from where?

-----------

have a great diet. You're allowed to eat anything you want, but you must eat it with naked fat people.

~Ed Bluestone

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
Haven't seen pigs in Seaview yet,

Wyatt

“When you have come to the edge of all the light you have
And step into the darkness of the unknown
Believe that one of the two will happen to you
Either you'll find something solid to stand on
Or you'll be taught how to fly!”

Richard Bach
"Yearn to understand first and to be understood second."
-- Beca Lewis Allen
Thank you,guys.
I am glad,the pigs haven't discovered Sea View.
Beachboy,my lapdog is not for every lap (80 pounds,mostly bones and muscles).And if necessary,can show his German nature,but he is definitely no match for 200 pound pig.
BTW,how many of them are roaming around?
quote:
Originally posted by Damon

Hope.. your dogs should be fine as long as you don't leave em at a golf course.

Golf course workers here in Hawaii have been known to eat small dogs.

-------
Glob

i believe the dog that was eaten by the workers at one of the o'ahu golf courses was a medium/large size shepherd mix. dogs are eaten in many countries even today. didn't south korea just recently ban the practice?

anywho, i'm a dog lover not an eater. or i should say that i don't think i ever ate dog?

"chaos reigns within.
reflect, repent and reboot.
order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry
"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

Kani,when my sob doesn't behave,I remind him of the existence of Korean restaurants...
eek!

"chaos reigns within.
reflect, repent and reboot.
order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry
"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

Love this thread.. there was one a while back about how to clean them. Some one, I think Pam, was talking or asking about how to make bacon. As for me I'm going wild pig hunting this winter.. it will be the first time I have hunted in many years. I do a lot of fishing.. I'm actually going to the local gun show this month looking for a 45-70 Marlin Lever action SS. My understanding is the 45-70 should be a one shot situation with any placement. The ranch I'm going on (my listing) has pig traps as well. The guy told me they just shoot em in the trap.. that kind of turned me off. My plan for Puna is the main reason for this interest. I feel like I need to brush up on my killin and cleaning stuff specially "pigs"

Blessings,
dave

"It doesn't mean that much to me.. to mean that much to you." Neil Young

Blessings,
dave

Dave on the picture:
Wild pig in one hand,fish in the other. [Smile]

Seriously,when you are moving to BI?
I am planning to buy fresh fish on the regular basis.
Never tried a wild pig though..
]"Seriously,when you are moving to BI?I am planning to buy fresh fish on the regular basis.
Never tried a wild pig though.."

Well Hope, to be honest with you, today I have no idea when I'll even get to purchase my land.. I was more certain a year ago. This last six months have, economically, really hurt my plan [Sad!] I have several listings that are the key to my move.. If they don't sell, and at this point I have to be concerned, then I'll be stuck in TX for a while. For instance, if the ranch that I'm going hunting on sells I will be on my way, but... Don't get me wrong I have a lil somthing in title right now but, LOL, as we draw nearer to closing I'm afraid to call my buyer for fear that he's going to let go of the rope in light of all the financial news as of late.. hell who could blame him?

Blessings,
dave

Blessings,
dave