Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H-130 Beautification Planning???
A scenic turnout would be nice.
quote:
Originally posted by Damon

What would people like to "SEE" along H-130?

Green vegetation and flowers.

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park
Which road is H-130?

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales." 
Kurt Wilson
The Main Highway between Keaau and Pahoa

-------
General Election Unofficial Poll
quote:
Originally posted by Tom Lackey
How much of that $56 mil. do you think they will let you play with? I can assure that the answer to that one is none...

Lack -

We get some pretty powerful people in the COUNTY aboard this Advisory Board and I don't think were all just gonna sit back and let this thing just fly by without getting some of our ways.

At least I'm not gonna...

I've already questioned several things....

They wanted this whole thing to be private and confidential by trying to make us 25 sign a charter that agreed to confidentiality...

I said NO WAY!!! And they took that clause out.

Otherwise I could have found myself in trouble just by talking about this online. [Wink]

-------
General Election Unofficial Poll
Fountains with Greek dancing girls and a live mariachi band.
Lee Eisenstein
http://members.cruzio.com/~lionel/event

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."
Tear down the fugugly McMansions.
Oh wait, they can't do that, too bad.

A church? Um, no! How do you pick whose church? Would they build a church just to be scenery? I'm confused.

I don't think 130 needs beautification planting. UNLESS you use it to screen some of the ugly stuff. Then it would be nice. Otherwise, Puna is already green.

Years ago when I moved to Waikoloa Village, there was a movement to plant the barren median strip leading up to it. Now it is grown and yes, it really looks nice and much more welcoming. But then WV sits in the middle of vast lava fields, so green living stuff is a big deal there.

KathyH you beat me to it. I was going to say bulldoze all those ugly houses too. My suggestion on how to beautify--make it 4 lanes to Pahoa or at least to Makuu and get the shoulder lane going during evening rush hour on the same stretch. That would be beautiful to me if that happened. I think it seems silly to spend any money on beautification until the major problems are addressed.

If the money is already there and planting is going to happen anyway, please only plant appropriate natives.
As you drive Hwy. 130 compare the sense of scenery on the Keaau and Pahoa bypasses with the rest of the road. The power lines are incredibly ugly and prevent or inhibit appreciation of the natural state and agricultural lands.

Obviously the only time to bury the lines is while any major improvements (whatever those turn out to be) are underway. It's even possible to bring down the lines without burying them. A surface conduit, only buried at road crossings would be preferable to what we have now. The old growth forests are gone and have been replaced with creosote soaked poles and wires.

Helco does a tremendous amount of visual damage.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
"surface conduit"

Yeah, I had wondered about this.
Have seen large water pipes on the surface in Australia.
Any examples of this being done with electricity, cable , telephone?

James Weatherford, Ph.D.
15-1888 Hialoa
Hawaiian Paradise Park