Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damaging winds approaching Big Island
I just spoke with HELCO and was told that it was as you suspected, tree branches blowing against power lines, and just rubbing against them can cause the off and on effect we had today. Not related to Mt View outage. She said they are still working to "address these issues" by trimming branches. Couldn't get her to come to my place though - ha!

Have been following weather and don't see any high winds predicted for BI other than summits.

Edit: Forecast was updated after I posted - yikes 40mph gusts for Keaau Friday. So much for computer work...

Cindy
http://www.CoconutRoads.com
"Taking you to the Heart of Hawaii"
Why Virgin Islands (UK)? Isn't that somewhere near Florida?
Search & Rescue has been buzzing around Kapoho for the last few hours. Heed the warnings & Stay out of the water folks [Sad]

* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *
* I'd rather fail at happiness than succeed at misery *
At 3pm-ish wind came billowing through GLENWOOD.... lated an hour with heavy rain, then wind stopped and now at 4:25 light rain is falling with no appreciable wind.
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
UH Manoa and ALL Public Schools (Except Big Island) have canceled all Classes tomorrow due to the upcoming winds.

No word on Big Island closures yet.
Looks like the capitol building is shutting down and canceling tomorrows agendas.