Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marijuana Legalization Dilemma
I'm thinking the police in Puna have more important issues than tracking down marijuana use, like cracking down on car theft, house break ins, burglaries, and drunk driving.

After watching a close family member almost committ suicide w/ a legal drug (alchohol), I would have much rather preferred that person be a pot addict instead (would have calmed and mellowed them vs. nasty drunk syndrom).

Don't get me wrong I believe most drugs even if legal are a waste of money and stupid but the "drug war" and aftermath is just not worth it.

I know of one local in the Puna area who had land confiscated because some kids were growing pot plants on the back of his property (not fair to him at all). DEA helicopters flying low hunting for pot plants seems like an intrusion/invasion to me.

Yes it was and it was in response to...
"The hippies were right all along -- we knew that"

but it is valid for other comments also..[Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by bystander

quote:
Originally posted by Jon

LOL...

even a broken clock is right twice a day...

What a snarky and snide remark.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
"Your small mind of grouping people because of AGE is abusive!"

Its called "demographics" dude its a FACT that Obama did NOT get the old folks vote. The group that comes out in droves to do there civic duty. The group that has the most votes under there belt. The group thats been perpetrating this prohibition by there voting. Why do you think that is?
"Plantation mentality"?, "Racists"? I'd like an answer, Seems kinda strange if your all a bunch of liberal pot smoking hippies.
But your NOT.

Does anybody know the demographics for our local election concerning the lowest priority? I'd put money that passing votes did not come from the 60+ crowd.

So when our young people become adults and go out into the world and ask utterly confused about why pot is illegal. What would you tell them?
What would you tell them when they ask;
Why our educational system is such a mess?
Why is our medical system is such a mess?
Why is it set up to keep you ill? how come when cannabis oil is a cure for cancer its illegal?
Whats with all the toxins man has polluted our environment with?
Why we've been force feed all the poisonous processed foods for so long?
How are we supposed to invest for our retirement?
Why are we told lies so we can have a war and kill innocents?
Why are we so oil dependent?
Why have poisonous plastics been in our environment for so long?
Why are little baby boys tortured and sexually mutilated?
Why is there no living wage to raise there kids on?
Why will they have to pay to bail out greedy banks that ruined our economy?
Why has our population become so nomadic?
Why were people told a poisonous bottle is better than breast?
Why is it shunned to breastfeed your baby like God intended?
Why is there so much waste?
Why are children starving?
Why are people starving?
Why is a homeless family sleeping in front of an empty foreclosure?
Where did our constitutional rights go?
Why does the government care more about weed than crack?
Why can't two consenting adults that love each other get legally married?
Why can kids get midnight specials?
Why do they have to pay for a retirement plan they are not going to get?
I could go on and on.
What was life like when you were a 20 something anything like it is now for our young people? Do you think they have any security?

Who is responsible for this mess of a world that our children will inherit????

So if you want to take credit for the good things then you have to take RESPONSIBILITY for the bad. Its only the beginning of how everything we thought was great, actually lead to the degradation of our society.

The demographics of the election of Obama shows who is changing the world for the better and its NOT the 60+ crowd. And it wasn't without sacrifice just ask any gay person in California.

Enjoy your retirement your probably the last generation that will get one, but you got yours and thats all that matters apparently.

What a pitifully narrow view of people. Geezers no more fit your stereotype than gen x, y, or z'ers fit the stereotype of being self indulgent lazy video gamers, skateboarders and layabouts.

The geezer and semi-geezer "demographic" has been involved both in waging war and stopping it. Degrading the planet and preserving it.
I haven't heard anyone denying responsibility. I hope the next generation of leaders can step up and become involved like so many of their parents have.
Is it also the older generation's fault that you can't spell simple words like "their"?
I'm not stereotyping you are. FACTS are FACTS whether you like them or not.
I love old people and I believe everything happens as its supposed to.
But how did it get so phucked up?
Who's responsible 20 somethings, 30 somethings I think not.
We have to realize the error of our ways.
We have to change NOW before too many more people suffer, we really are all one.
Its disturbing that you cannot see what I'm talking about, I guess thats the reason for all our problems right there.
Leaves me little hope except to wait.

Thats totally funny Paul!
It should be possible to discuss any topic without personally insulting people. Try it out. Not that difficult.

Punaweb moderator
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
anela1111

You might want to get out your history book...

For every question you have there... Things are better now then 60 years ago... the only thing that has changed is the perception.

The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
>its a FACT that Obama did NOT get the old folks vote.
>Why do you think that is? "Plantation mentality"?, "Racists"? I'd like an answer,

Here's your answer:
2004 Election 60 years+ Republican: 54% Democrat: 46%
2008 Election 65 years+ Republican: 53% Democrat: 45%
(source: Wikipedia, who got it from CNN)

Older people are more likely to vote conservative. No racism involved.
Dear anela1111,

I am sorry but this statement does not describe a demographic:
"Give it 20 more years when all the 60+ crowd riddled with there cancer and conventional treatment finally die off, you know that same group of people that vote according to how much pigment a person has."

Anymore than:
""Plantation mentality"?, "Racists"? I'd like an answer, Seems kinda strange if your all a bunch of liberal pot smoking hippies.
But your NOT."

It does describe a bitterness - and I'm sorry to hear it from anyone. Whether it's anela1111 NOW - or the throngs that sacrificed their lives FIGHTING and PROTESTING - Vietnam, Nixon, etc.

Believe it or not your questions are as pertinent as they were in the 60's - 70's - 80's. And I am GLAD to hear them!

I want the answers as much as you - your delivery needs work as ours did!

"What was life like when you were a 20 something anything like it is now for our young people? Do you think they have any security?" Personally - "project" poor - scared of a draft, which was a lack of choice if I lived or died - scared of coming home to "baby killer,etc." You seen the movies - like our fathers from WWII, Korea - we don't talk about it. Watch "Gran Torino"!

The "people" you hold responsible are as scared, confused and lost as the children and grandchildren they brought into this world.

Bringing it back to Hawaii:
http://www.westhawaiitoday.com/articles/...ocal02.txt
Mr.Robert Lewis spoke for my generation in words of deeds.
Aloha! Mr.Lewis and Mahalo!

"Each thing I do I rush through so I can do something else" - Cemetery Nights/Stephen Dobyns