Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannabis Compassion club/coop for Puna
If they are paying taxes, they are paying for rehab and other support systems.
The legal sellers of them also have a license to sell.

We keep switching between medical and recreational dope use. Real medical use is one thing, I don't care if the people that need if for medical reasons pay taxes on it, but Recreational sales should be done just like hard liquor.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
HBAT
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
Does anyone in Hawaii or California actually fail to qualify for a Med. permit when applied for. For all practical purposes, I think recreational use is considered a medical need.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Good point Oink! Lets not forget that "medicinal" use has many implications. For example I use comfrey and neem and noni for a number of ailments, none of which would ever have been prescribed by "conventional doctors". We have used natural herbs to heal everything from broken bones to staph. Individuals have a natural right to seek and utilize their own medications.
One important aspect of health is mental health. Recreational use of cannabis can be directly considered a form of mental relief for many, many people. If you live here, than chances are you know at least a handful of people who use cannabis for recreational/mental health reasons whether you know or realize it.
No one bats an eye when someone says " Oh I sure could use a drink" or " a beer sure sounds good right now" , but when in reference to cannabis there is instantly for some, this clouded perception of the cannabis user being some kind of drug dependent.
When someone has a headache and reaches for that asprin ( a major health concern attributing to many deaths), no one (besides us super health conscious folks) gives it a second thought. It is ignorance and hypocrisy.
If recreational use and medicinal use have been intertwined in conversation, that's because in life, the two are very much connected.
Ok, rasman I respect your opinion as stated. My issue is when people hide behind the pretense of medical when the intent is recreational. Taken to it's extreme (and we may already be there) your argument would allow anything as medical.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
But in life both are treated differently.

again, treat dope like booze.... regulate it and tax it..
To bad you wont be able to smoke dope in most places because of the secondhand smoke scam... Just think, if Hawaii keeps following the no smoking path, you wont be able to smoke dope in your apartment even if it is legal.

HBAT
Perhaps in your life Jon, they are treated separately, but not in mine. I am all too aware of the effects of stress and anxiety on the overall health of humans. I believe many others are aware of this too.
In fact, many self help authors will tell you that recreational activities have much to do with our mental health as well as physical.
Beside, smoking is not the only way to medicate with herbs, even cannabis www.phoenixtears.ca
I agree with Jon, it should be a taxable commodity, but more than likely with the surge in home gardens ( due to economic necessity), those who chose to use cannabis will be intrigued to learn how to grow their own safe, quality medicine.
No offense... you can dream about medication/drugs and recreation being treated the same in your life, but the State and Federal governments do not think so, and they pretty much have the last word on that... at least when you get caught.

HBAT
I take niacin because I love the "flush", (ok, I'm weird). It also imparts medical benefits, regardless of my intent.

So, am I a recreational or medical user of niacin?

Email Obama and tell him to respect his promise to lay off the states on the medical issue!

Lee Eisenstein
http://members.cruzio.com/~lionel/event

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."
I don't know is it a food or vitamin? I would guess you are just eating.

HBAT
Don't know what the heck it is, but that flush is groovy!
Lee Eisenstein
http://members.cruzio.com/~lionel/event

"Be kinder than necessary, as everyone you meet is engaged in some kind of strudel."