Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Depleted Uranium Update
I do respect his opinion or I would not have replied.

I was not aware that I put anyone down... I did not call him a troll or anything...

-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
HBAT
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
News flash: Depleted Uranium is not radioactive. Well, not in any worthwhile sense.
No genes are being destroyed.

Yes, I know the Hawaii Free Press has been saying that for years, but it does happen to be the truth.
The military is famous for understating the effects of their ordinance.

They had soldiers witness nuclear detonations to understand the effects (they understood- years later).

They told us in Vietnam that Agent Orange(trademark-Dow Chemical)was completely harmless. Years later, we know better.

They maintain that there's no basis for Iraqui war syndrome, even though returning Iraqui soldiers are committing suicide at a rate even greater than their vietnam predecessors.

They claim that depleted Uranium has no adverse effects. Well, I guess we'll find out eventually.[xx(]
Well, lets remember... the military is us... there is not a conspiracy, they are people just like us reading the what facts they can get.
DU munitions have saved many a US soldiers life by taking out enemy tanks.

And I and many many others would not be here today if nuclear bombs had not been developed and used.

Hindsight is always 20/20 [Smile]

HBAT
It's not just the military saying DU is safe, it's scientific consensus.
DU is sometimes used as a radiation shield in hospitals, and as a counterweight in commercial airlines.
That's how risky it is.
DU is a heavy metal and I believe like mercury can be harmful if ingested...

HBAT
The Axis of Idiots is striking again, if it’s not about spooks on campus it is always about some issue to try and stir the pot. Now their back on the DU crap, anything to be recognized.

Jon,
I ask you this, how is that people like you and I get called trolls while these idiots get press and a pat on the back? Go figure.

The Lack
Depleted uranium has about the same stationary health risk as a 2' X 8' granite countertop.

The reason depleted uranium makes news is because:
1. Uranium! That word conjures up all sorts of concerns. Had they called it Dense Spent Fuel Metals, nobody would say boo until the word uranium or radioactive was inserted. What reaction would people have if granite countertops were called Uranium Laden Solid Stone Surface?
2. The Military! The military has lied about it. The military continues to lie about it. The military has no idea what and how many so they make stuff up, get caught, and look bad. No single factor has contributed to the negative reaction of DU like the military's failure to tell the truth.
3. The Cause! Anything with the military, uranium, weapons, radiation, etc is automatically going to become a cause to fight. It does not matter the reality, it's just a cause - it makes good public relations (and fund raising) to jump on the bandwagon.
4. God Bless America! Yes folks, we have made DU into a weapon of terrorist. On one hand the US is saying DU is not a health or safety factor and that’s why it’s used in everything from military, medical, transportation, and even consumer products, but so long as it’s us Americans using DU it’s perfectly safe. Put it into the hands of a country that is not friendly to the US and suddenly that same DU turns into a weapon to be feared. We can’t even get our stories straight.

The people of Hawaii have every right to know how much DU is on the island and the military has a responsibility to find out. Not because it presents any real danger but because if military wants to claim danger in other peoples hands, they have to claim that same danger in their hands.
Here is a picture from the meeting that is happening now:

http://twitpic.com/1bf1r

Damon Tucker's Weblog
Do the people of Hawaii have the right to know how much Mercury is on the Island? or Arsenic? Good luck finding that out.

The danger of DU in the enemy's hands is the same danger to them in our hands, Munitions made with DU can penetrate our tanks and armored vehicles.

HBAT