Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next year a pocket knife may get you in trouble!
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Orts

The Bill will not pass as written.

This is what Dan Seto (Division Administrator at The Judiciary, State of Hawaii) said on my blog about this:

To clarify two things:

Senator Ihara introduced the bill by request (the BR part after his name). This means someone asked him to introduce the bill. This does not necessarily mean Sen. Ihara is for or against the bill. I have no idea where he stands on it nor the rational for the bill. disclosure: I live in his district and voted for him.

Secondly, just about all bills pass first “reading”. The next hurdle is whether the bill is “heard” in committee or killed by not doing so. If heard, it could still be held in committee. Thus keeping it from moving forward.

That all said, my personal opinion is that it is unclear to me what is the problem with pocket knives. I haven’t heard of too many (any?) incidents in which pocket knives were used in the commission of a crime. But I could be wrong and if the bill is heard, perhaps whomever offered the bill could explain their side of the story.

Damon Tucker's Weblog
If the "requester" of this silly bill was a troll, he (she?) would thoroughly enjoy reading this thread.
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
Yep, stupidity is something people like to talk about...

-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
HBAT
-----------------------------------------------------------
I do not believe that America is better than everybody else...
America "IS" everybody else.
The Wilder Side Of Hawaii
Just an interesting, slightly off-topic, observation. This thread was started by dirk1609. A dirk is a Scottish short dagger, often held while swearing oaths and lending great solemnity to such oaths. (Yes, my family is Scottish, and I do have a kilt and full clan regalia which includes some ceremonial knives, a.k.a. "sgian dubh" in Scots Gaelic.)

Deoch Slainte (Cheers,)
Jerry
I am also scottish, with a irish, russian chaser.

Like my scotch - neat! [Wink]

"Each thing I do I rush through so I can do something else" - Cemetery Nights/Stephen Dobyns
2nd amendment states:
The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

14th amendment:
No state can infringed on your rights.

Rights, you know those little things that are expressly outlined in the constitution to guarantee rights to individuals.

like for instance a state can not deny a black person's right to vote.

A womens right to vote.

An 18 year olds right to vote.

Yawn... the U.S. Supreme Court already ruled on this.
we live in the US and our rights dont seem to apply here. I guess im not sure where they apply.
Just keep voting in the same Democrats over and over. It's been working great for over 50 years. Insanity rules the day.

May I get you some Kool-Aid?

Glurg [V]

Someday the Politics of NO! will protest farm activities on Ag Land.
Liberalism thrives on the double standard.