Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current waiting period to get internet?
Hooligal,thanks for the info.I am just looking for the internet only.
Still Hope,

I beleive that Hughsnet is internet only... provided by satellite. It is for people that live in extremely remote locations.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.eastbaypotters.com
www.myhawaiianhome.blogspot.com
Stillhope... Uncle Robert is related to my wife... anything you want to know in particular?

Damon Tucker's Weblog
quote:
Originally posted by StillHope
<SNIP>
Macuuu,10 years waiting is a joke,i assume.<SNIP>

No, not a joke, I'd take it as factual reporting.

Has anyone ever mapped out what services are available in which areas? You know, things like pavement, power, phone, electric, water? Possibly adding in distances to shopping opportunities and other services as well? Might save a few folks some shock once they arrive. There could also be the list of services not available anywhere that some folks from the mainland kinda expect.

"I like yard sales," he said. "All true survivalists like yard sales."
Kurt Wilson

Kurt Wilson
Hotzcatz,that's a brilliant idea to list services available for the new people to read.

As I said,I'd buy in Sea View ,dial up or not. and I know that Robguz and Wyatt are on the net.
I think,Robguz has cable,but the speed is slow (he posted about it in some thread.
Well,for me a short walk to the ocean is more important.

No cable in Seaview, just DSL which is 2MBit sometimes and about 5% of that speed other times often when I want to download or watch streaming shows or netflix at night. Beats dial up of course. Hawaiian Telcom has no interest in improving service and is happy to charge us as much as they charge customers in other areas with decent speeds. Their repair person even told me to try wireless service since they can't seem to fix it or explain the problem. I had service within a few days of moving to Seaview but call in advance to schedule it
Thank you,Rob.What about wireless? Is that a $60 or something wireless card?
Still Hope, you have to be able to get a (strong) cell signal for this to work. I know ATT does not work there. And our wireless card with ATT was $89 for unlimited use. We gave it up when we moved to Hilo, did not need it any more.

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.eastbaypotters.com
There is some way real estate people can check on these services, I am not sure how. I will ask. These questions were among the first we always asked when looking at properties. There are a lot of areas on the Red Road that cannot even get phone lines unless they pay for the wires to be brought in.

quote:
Originally posted by Hotzcatz

quote:
Originally posted by StillHope
<SNIP>
Macuuu,10 years waiting is a joke,i assume.<SNIP>

No, not a joke, I'd take it as factual reporting.

Has anyone ever mapped out what services are available in which areas? You know, things like pavement, power, phone, electric, water? Possibly adding in distances to shopping opportunities and other services as well? Might save a few folks some shock once they arrive. There could also be the list of services not available anywhere that some folks from the mainland kinda expect.

Kurt Wilson

Aloha au i Hawai`i,
devany

www.eastbaypotters.com