Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is the deal with the mail situation here??
Good news to those of you that go to the Kea'au post office. They are finally installing more boxes! Martin said they should be calling me real soon with a box number. No more general delivery.

Royall

What goes around comes around!

Edited by - Royall on 08/02/2006 17:46:42

Maybe I should auction my box in Pahoa off to the highest bidder! We will be moving soon.

Let the bidding begin.

Hi Stef,

You are moving to Oregon from the way it looks. Is that where you are from? I grew up there in Lebanon.
You were here in Puna a couple years about?
Is it okay to talk about why it did not work out for you? Were you there just to build some houses? I can't recall, sorry if this is too personal.

The auctioning the mailbox might not work in Pahoa, since the new One stop mail Shop service is there now with lots of boxes.

Aloha,
Lucy

Having another Great day in Paradise, Wherever that Maybe!
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheLanai
Lucy

Nothing really went wrong. It's just that after two years, I start getting restless. And the fact that Hawaii has terrible schools and Ashland has top schools (public that is). My husband wants to be closer to his family and farther from the mosquitos.

Aloha Stef mind if I ask which subdivision you are in? Just curious, how old is the little one? Mahalo, Mella

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Hi Stef,
Yes I understand for sure. Those are some of the main reasons folks move back.
I never did go down to Ashland/S. Or. much, but I know people who like it there. I think after living where it is bright and sunny all year I would have a problem adjusting to the overcast skies. That is just me. I know I always wanted to move back to the Seattle area's eastside/Bellevue where I lived, but not any more, after 20 plus years away.

I read somewhere to get rid of mosquitos outside by your deck/patio:
fill a small dish or bowl w/ a bit of water and Lemon Fresh Joy dish
detergent. Supposedly the skeeters will be drawn to it and die in the bowl.
Remember to keep your dog/cat away from the area.
I haven't tried it but if someone does...please let me know if it
works!

Aloha,
Lucy

Lucy

Please if anyone has tried the lemon JOY in the dish thing please post if it worked or not. If it will do the job I'll buy stock in the company!Wink

Royall

What goes around comes around!

Royall,

You want to buy stock, huh? LOL
I have not tried it out yet, but thought, if any non harmful chemicals can be used, all the better. Put the stuff in all your extra bowls sitting around when you are outside and report back to us! I hate mosquitos too, they always find me too tasty for my likes! I don't like to do the whole yard spray as it kills off too many benefical insect, lizards etc.
If you or Cathy can't take bites because of allergy or bother, there is a mesh suit to wear that looks perfect:
http://www.buzzoffoutdoorwear.com/solution.htm

In my mini pond I have some fish for larvae control. Over there I would love to grow bromiliads too as I do here, but they attract so many in their cups.

I posted that and some other easy to make bug repellants over at the Lanai.
I am getting too busy to post much here right now, so I am cutting it back some.

Aloha,
Lucy

Edited by - Lucy on 08/05/2006 18:38:45
Lucy

Use an drop of olive oil in your bromeliads to kill mosquitos... They cant break the surface tension.

-Cat