Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puna Dive Club
Everyone needs to understand that I gave my compressor to Pam Lamont. She is the key to this Dive Club. And I do know she has had her hands full for sometime now, with no break in sight. When things settle down it will be Pam who decides how this thing is going. So I guess we all should have patience, until she can get the time to make things happen.

We get out of life......What we put into it
Hey All... the world certainly doesn't revolve around me. Now once we have the compressor up and running I get to have a strong voice in the use of that.... cause it will be at my house... but there is no reason the potential members of a hilo/puna whatever diveclub can't get startted gathering and exploring!! Go for it and if I can join in any planned gatherings, I will be there!

Chili is right; my plate is pretty full right now. Just some unexpected circumstances and responsibilities that need to be cleared up. It will all come together.

Wooo Hoooo!!! Pam

Just another day in P A R A D I S E !!
I want to be the kind of woman that, when my feet
hit the floor each morning, the devil says

"Oh Crap, She's up!"
Well Divers, and those who want to become one, Lets line up a meeting, a gathering of people interested in the sport of Scuba Diving, and start getting wet. We can bounce ideas off one another, get to know more folks interested in a great sport, and come up with ways to keep people interested in making this materialize. At last count there were 187 people who have read "The Dive Club" entry. That is a substantial number of possible members. If only 10% showed up at our first gathering, the word will get out and spread to all those interested. Okay, give me some feed back here. Where would be a central place to meet and possibly BBQ, bring a little pot luck, "AND GET THIS THING STARTED"? Let's hear from you.

Hey Chili:

I just emailed you. Check your email.

Andrew

Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times".
I just talked with Andrew last night. We agreed to clear our plates and hit hit the water in approx. 2 weeks time. Anyone wanting in on going down with some buddies, post a note and get in touch. Enough talk, LET'S DIVE. Don't need to meet at any restaurant, "haven't seen any good dive spots at any restaurant anyway". We will come up with an easy spot to enter and exit for all concerned. It's been way too long since I personally have dove, so I need a location that I can get back in the water and re-familirize myself with my gear. Hope to hear from all whose interested. Aloha

Chili and I will be meeting for a 2 tank dive on Sunday August 27 in Kapoho. The time will depend on the tides. We will post here closer to the date with specifics about exact meeting place and times.

Bring tanks, gear, weights and maybe some snacks and drinks for between dives.

Everyone who wants to participate is welcome. One of our main objectives at this time is to have fun and meet a few people who can be dive buddies in future.

This won't take all day so mark your calendars and come on out and lets make this happen.

Post here or email if you would like to join us on the 27th.

See you in the water,
Andrew

Will try to make it. All my dive stuff is still in Kwajalein RMI. Want to meet everyone anyway.

Moving to Puna (Nanawale) from Kwajalien, R.M.I. Will be constructing an owner-built house. Looking forward to arriving there in May 2006.
Home of the "Just for Keiki" Luau show.
See: http://justforkeiki.blogspot.com/
I do have an extra (Large Size Scuba Pro) BCD and a mask/snorkel you can use. If you can come up with or rent the other stuff - Come on out!!

PS - Time to update your signature line in your account profile if you are on island already.

quote:
Will try to make it. All my dive stuff is still in Kwajalein RMI. Want to meet everyone anyway.

Moving to Puna (Nanawale) from Kwajalien, R.M.I. Will be constructing an owner-built house. Looking forward to arriving there in May 2006.

Edited by - Andrew on 08/09/2006 11:29:31

I also have some extra equiptment that I can loan to any certified divers. Due to the fact that I'm afilliated with P.A.D.I. I have to make sure all divers using my gear are certified. Don't have a whole lot left, but willing to share what I do have on a first come first serve basis. Talked to Pam today about the dive (she's the one with the compressor) and she's going to try to make it also. There's four. Need to get feed back on where to dive. Doesen't have to be Kapoho. Can be in Hilo. Lots of spots to dive. ps, I'm only going to do one dive. The body is going to be hurting after just 1 dive for me. My # is 935-2042. <Let's go diving>.

Andrew, email me. I need your phone #. Chili