Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for ideas to breath life into Mnt.View
jaggededge06@hotmail dot com message failed.

mella l

Paris London New York PUNA
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Hey Pog great idea too.
Mella try jaggededge06@hotmail.com ( its zero 6 and you don't have to spell out dotSmile. How are You????

Ok I am getting allot of input and my brain is running over load...he he he Love it. OK Have a Great idea for a fashion show have some contacts for models and photographer, I have some live music connection's but looking for more. Also looking for a D.J and stage lighting. Could help with ideas for constructing movable stage?
Looking for some local clothing and accessory designers. Also looking for makeup artists to help out as well.
Like to start the Afternoon with local vendors, artists and such by evening with some great food, A fabulous fashion show followed up by a drag show to kick off a dance in the street.

Now I am going to run this part of the idea here on puna web and see what kind of response before I make up my mind, But I would like to possibly do a fundraiser Not sure for what cause but. I am kinda asking input both from the straight and the Gay community But possibly do a fun Drag show for a benefit. Of course we would have to coordinate it more towards the end of the evening possibly to start off a little dancing. It is a block party after all. Now I know their would probably have to work some security measures and would love some input on how to do this as inexpensive as possible.

So please anyone that might be interested in helping talking story or just have some input Bring it on, I know I can't pull it off all alone. Who could?

setting my soul free....
setting my soul free....
oh and Mella most of the messages sent to e-mail from puna web fail. don't know why?

setting my soul free....
setting my soul free....
Correct. After you get the failure message, you then have the email address that you were trying to reach in the first place. Simply use that address to send a normal email to. Don't post their address here.
OK it's outa here and on your way!

mella l

mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
What about an April Fools parade, daytime street party with all ages activities (talent show, pet parade, goofy contests, food booths, bake sale, keiki hula, silent auction, tattoo contest....) and a night time ticketed adults only masquerade ball/costumed karaoke contest as a slightly more private fund raiser? That would provide a little cover for the drag show so you don't bring the wrath of the churches down on you (I know from teaching in that neighborhood that there are some pretty fundamentalist churches up that way) while letting everyone gay/straight/and just plain out there participate. Parades seem to be huge here, and doing a benefit for a local community cause (what about Rainbow Friends?) would help get good publicity.

April fools is just far enough away to give you planning time, but not so far you lose momentum.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
That is another grand idea Carol. Sounds like it could be a yearly thing, and build some momentum and as it gets a few years down the road, it can get a little more elaborate each year! Who is cooking?

mella l

mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
i also was thinking of a benefit... i know you and jarod are animal lovers too. (love the pet parade idea) how about a duo benefit for rainbow friends and hui pono holoholona? Hui pono is in Mt. View and they have been providing great service to the people of mt. view and their pets. they might do a booth there also as they do the booth in front of wall mart quite frequently..
We are thinking benefit as well, we are getting so many good ideas going now, I think I am at that stage of asking for some help from people who know people that would like to get involved, this isn't about making money here its about networking and having a great time doing it, we have so many talented people here, I know some of you must be going crazy wanting to get involved in something that would be fun, creative. So I really need volunteers and some people to help coordinate,I need set design people, lighting techs, construction people. I too think that this could turn into a yearly event and get more and more elaborate. Not sure but I think if we make this a benefit as well then allot can be tax deductible?

And Mella not sure about the cooking yet planning on meeting with Devany this week and bounce some ideas around.

I know I am dreaming big but you know what they say? if your going to dream then dream big it all costs the same.

If people feel more comfortable calling me at 936-4646 or e-mail me at jaggededge06@hotmail.com

setting my soul free....
setting my soul free....
Carey the April fools thing just might work. Could almost combine Glenns Mardi gra with it. hmm. And I love the pet parade idea as well. The last thing I want to do is make anyone mad that is why I am trying to make this so well rounded that people may not like one thing but will be in awe of another almost like going and seeing a circus ole show, their are things in the show that may offend you a bit but at the end you walk out with this sense of awe that takes your mind on a journey, and in these economic times I think we all could use that.

setting my soul free....
setting my soul free....