Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no trespassing / litter
I did not say they didn't do the rest of the country, I just stated that they did Puna. The Hawaii press releases clearly stated that they intended to locate every habitable space and gps locate them for future reference during the actual census. Puna is not the only place in the US with unpermitted/alternative living spaces by any means. The census wanted to make sure they counted everyone, everywhere.

We did not receive notice we would get our form in the mail, but we did get a postcard alerting us they would be in Puna going door to door delivering the forms.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
I didn't get a letter about getting it in the mail.
I've been working on some family history lately, and there is so much family history and other history that the census provides. It is really the only enduring record of where my great-great-great grandmother lived. They didn't care about permitted. They went to farms, boarding houses, group homes, hospitals, and I can tell you that the decades where a family doesn't show up on the census makes it very hard to put the puzzle together.

Too much worrying about Big Brother. The census is an amazing tool for mapping a specific time in our country's history. Sure we have other records now, but they don't always stay. I have a very hard time finding family AFTER the 1930 census, the last one that is online. Also prior to 1830.
the bags we saw hanging were not blue. they were a white background with a red block in the center and white font. whatever the color is, we didn't get the form. nor did we receive any type of notice in the mail: postcard or letter.

the person (s) that delivered the census clearly did not ignore the no trespassing signs in this subdivsion. if he or she did, then they would have noticed that some of the lots were/are not occupied.

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

"a great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices."

w. james

My biggest problem with the census materials being hung on gates/posts/whatever is by its being there, thieves will know that the home is unoccupied.
We didn't get any PO box notice or forms, but about a week ago found two red/white bags on our gate. They never attempted delivery inside the gate. I filled out both forms and mailed them.

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
just got our form in its red/white bag attached to our gate. got to give these people credit for venturing into unknown territory.

w. james

w. james

A nice young lady dropped ours off, she just sat in her truck at the end of the driveway until I came out. She said they would like them all in by April 1st.
I agree with Moloch. You can tell what places are vacant by the bags on there gates or in there driveway.
quote:
Originally posted by 808blogger

well i have seen some of the "blue bags" in the street on the ground. multiple. also did they send you a letter stating that they were going to "send in the mail" a census form, instead they show up trying to come on private property. I told the lady i wanted it sent via mail to my house and i showed her the letter stating that what was going to occur. she refused.

Stop trying to be so difficult. The person was right in front of you. Take the envelope. You post about government waste all the time and now you want the government to spend money to mail you the census form?

Many areas of the island do not have mail delivery so how is the census supposed to send mail to every address? General delivery? General delivery mail is not for an address - it is for a person; a name. That would go over real well at the post office.
Thousands of general delivery envelopes with no name on them - just an address. They would all be returned.
i get mail thanks....

I didnt know my address can fill out forms...
I though humans did that