Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for recommendations
Thanks, everybody, for all the info! I guess my first task is to call Hitel, and see if we can get DSL. We're in upper Leilani, so I don't know if that will make a difference or not. Maybe I should check with the cable company just in case. Does anyone know if it's cheaper than just getting DSL? John, I'll send you an email about your agent's info, thanks.

Mahalo,
Cindy

Cindy
Cindy
Cindy, When you call Hawaiian Tel have them *verify* that your specific line can get DSL, and if they say it can, place the order then and there to grab the port. On three different occasions, we had reps tell us that we could get DSL at one of our properties - they even shipped out our equipment once -- but we then found that rep should not have promised the service because there were no DSL ports available. Folks in the Prince Kuhio Hawaiian Tel store say that the phone-based reps often promise availability based on geography, not an actual check of the specific line. The store reps have a better ides where service is really available in our local area.

Once you have a DSL port reserved, you can always see if RoadRunner is available at your address as well and then cancel DSL if you want. From what I hear anecdotaly, though, having to decide between providers probably won't be an issue because you probably won't have a choice Wink