Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Convenience store in HPP - now open
I agree. It's a start. HPP needs alot of things including a convenience store.
Out of curiosity Jerry ... Where is the Watamull prop ???

Thanks.
aloha,
pog
It is probably best to not ID a property on this web forum, that can give a direct search response on search engines. (the initial developers also own more than one parcel - so it is best to scope the maps yourself if you have a question...)

Most municipalities, including Hawaii County, have made it available with a little web-work, but not directly searchable .... just go to the Hawaii County tax page & check around the large parcels.
Someone will correct me if wrong but isnt on of the Watamull properties where Malamalama School is?
Cat, That is not the info on the tax record.

ETA: This probably is not the place to ID property owners....as it is so easily searched....

I think that each poster here can relate to the fact that they would not like their property tagged on a fairly open forum...

Actually, I was wrong in my post above when I said the Watamulls own just one of the 20-acre parcels in HPP. I did some checking this morning, and they own four. I apologize for the mistake. As Cat notes, one is across from the Malamalama School on Makuu. The others are along Kaloli at 3-4, 13-14, and 24-25. The one at Kaloli and 25 has been mentioned unofficially as a prime commercial location, but no zoning requests or other gestures toward development have been made to my knowledge. This is the one that I previously knew about.

Edited to add: Carey, I fully and respectfully understand your point of view on disclosure, and I wouldn't do so in reference to an individual lot owner. The Watamull properties are a special case, IMHO, because they are the original developers of HPP and the single biggest land owners in HPP, along with the Hui. As such, they approach the institutional level of ownership and have responsibilities to the community they founded based on that and history. Although this isn't on the same scale, no one hesitates to mention Shipman properties and their institutional interests.
Thanks, Jerry.
I wonder if the Watamull people pay road fees for each acre they own?
Matt
quote:
Originally posted by Carey
ETA: This probably is not the place to ID property owners....as it is so easily searched....

Carey - you can not search the county records on line by the name, you must have the street address or at least street name or TMK #. You must go down in person to the HI Real Property tax office to do so by name unless you are a realtor; they have some access by name.
quote:
Originally posted by Kapohocat
You must go down in person to the HI Real Property tax office to do so by name unless you are a realtor; they have some access by name.
We actually have full access to all the data, it costs us "only" $70.00/month![Wink][Wink][Wink]

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, GM,PB,ABR,CRB,CM,FHS
johnrabi@johnrabi.com
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"
(This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors http://KonaBoardOfRealtors.info)
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html