Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Target to open July 24th
I've heard so many rumors about stores coming to the Big Island ... Until I see construction going up it's just that.
When we lived in California, it was widely held that Walmart was owned by right-wingers, and Target by lefties. Walmart tended to be a bit dirtier/trashier, Target a bit cleaner/more upscale. I'm looking forward to both Walgreen's (my preferred drug store in SF area) and Target (my preferred big-ass store).

As far as the star advertiser having local news: every time I buy one, I find out something about the Big Island that wasn't in the Tribune Herald. It's just a better paper. I wish they had home delivery here.
This is very exciting news! It will be a relief to have a little competition in the food department! Can't wait for the rest of the store too. I really like Target very much.[Big Grin]

Carrie

http://www.sapphiresoap.etsy.com

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
In this article it mentions the renovation of the old Borders bookstore by Walgreens and the possibility of Sports authority taking over the Safeway location!

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/print...ml?s=print
I would have preferred a Petco....but Sports Authority is OK
I sent email to Petco several weeks ago, letting them know about the soon to be vacant Safeway building, and how much they were needed on this side of the island. Got a nice response from their real estate division saying they were planning to expand in Hawaii and they would look into it. Maybe if they got a few more emails...?

quote:
Originally posted by macuu222

I would have preferred a Petco....but Sports Authority is OK

blessed are the cracked for they let in the light
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
i for one am not looking forward to it. but then again i do not shop at walley unless its something i cant get anywhere else. so maybe once a year. glad bout the jobs sad about another large store. i like my hilo the way it is.
[quote]Originally posted by Lin W

I sent email to Petco several weeks ago, letting them know about the soon to be vacant Safeway building, and how much they were needed on this side of the island. Got a nice response from their real estate division saying they were planning to expand in Hawaii and they would look into it. Maybe if they got a few more emails...?

So funny! I did, too!! Got a nice response that they'd pass on to their real estate division. We SO need a good pet store here. Getting tired of Walmart pet aisles.
Great idea about emailing petco. will do the same and hopefully they will get the message they are needed here.
Will also email Petco, we need a good pet store on the east side.

I have had problems buying pet food from Walmart, as it can be off!
They bring in too many containers which sit in the hot sun baking until they are unloaded. Even though their return policy is great, I usually buy from Dels or Safeway, when the food is on sale.

Does Target sell pet food and pet supplies?