Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this may be gross...
TOADS! NOOOOOO! haha

the toads just layed millions of babies in our pool a few nights ago!! YUCK!! Robert scooped them out with a net but they were like a thin string of black eggs about a mile long!!

But if I had a choice I would take toads over cockroaches.

Kitty keeps our gecko population in check. Geckos & koi/talapias keep the mosquito in check. Now all we need is something to keep talapias in check... hmmmmm Punaweb BBQ?

Carey may be right if it looks like coffee grounds, it could be termites in the wood.
(http://www.hilotmx.com/10.html)

If the house is damp, very important to keep the furniture away from the walls so the air can flow better, and running floor as well as ceiling fans can also help circulate the air.
Kapohocat- your koi/talapias will eat the toad/frog eggs. Leave them in there. The few eggs that survive and hatch will then become tadpoles and more food for the fish.

Her pond and pool are two separate items. (My vacation rental house is around the corner, so I know! Smile

http://www.kapohokaiyo.com/
http://www.vrbo.com/150394
Cane toads are one of the few creatures who are toxic during every stage of development: eggs, tadpoles, toads, so leaving the eggs in your koi pond will result in dead koi if they eat the toad eggs. That is why they are decimating the native animals in Australia, both aquatic and terrestrial. If you can find the video "Secret life of the Cane toad" it is both amusing and very informative.

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Call WIllKill. They came out and got rid of THOUSANDS we had when we first moved in. Within two days they were "gone" except for the occasional one or two.

If it doesn't work the first time, they'll come back for a re-do for free. =0)

T~N~D Hawaiian Acres
T~N~D Hawaiian Acres
thanks all for good advise. i will look into termites since i haven't even thought of it before. the poop does look like tiny coffee grounds.
and will get some hoyhoys and put around the house.
i bought some Ecospray at Homedepot yesterday and today this morning so a big roach hiding in a cupboard, i grabbed the spray and sprayed it on the roach. the roach started to run but then slowed down and then really slowed down.i could see it was struggling to move but seemed almost paralized. i of course slapped it with a swatter. but this stuff the Ecospay stuff seems to do something to them. not sure if it would kill the big roach but i like the fact that the main ingredient in the spray is rosemery oil and its nonetoxic. it does stink like synthetic vanilla though. will call WillKill as a last option though. will try to battle these suckers on my own for a while and see what happens.