Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lava coming out of my lava tube: Please help!
You're right, pog! Need to get right on that! Is there a titanium mine on the island? I think the molds are going to need to be made of something pretty strong. On the other hand, I could just use trees, apparently. Lava would fill in the trees, the trees would explode and then the lava would leave a tree-shaped mold behind.

Not really comfortable with the idea of 60 exploding trees on the property line, but I don't want to have to pay to put up a lava rock wall. Too pricey. Life is about compromises.
Kelena, your flaming bunny made me spit out my coffee!

Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
He has that affect on people! Frisky and in flames!
Love it, Puna webbers made me smile today!!
Buy hotdogs, scrounge some sticks. You are now off-grid. Enjoy!
Puna: Our roosters crow first
I suppose there is a good side to it, EightFingers. Now that the house is surrounded by a curtain of fire, I think I will cancel my alarm monitoring service. Or is that premature?
Tell your guests the rates just doubled and start painting hand-made Admission and Parking signs. Call Roberts Tours and tell them to send busloads.

You think too much attorney and not enough American entrepreneur, Kelena.
Screw the liability, it's Puna. Nobody cares.

Saving on rock wall costs? Think big! What you need is an ocean entry waterfall. Get the conduit going. Call the lava boat tours and tell them for a price they can idle next to your new Lavafall and you won't shoot at them.

Bestest wishes to the bunny.
I see your point, KathyH. Thank you for the advice. I'm such a worry-wort! Although the house is now completely surrounded by lava, the flow has reached the ocean now, with the usual colorful pyroclastic explosions and methane outbursts. The result is a sort of black sand "beach" in front of my house. Right now the drop off from the "beach" is 30 feet, but I am putting it my literature anyway. I'll call it an "ocean access point" because you can definetely get in the ocean there. You just can't get out.

My biggest regret is that the lava covered up the beautiful simulated lava that once ringed my patio. Now I am going to have to have a contractor come out, battle his way through the curtain of fire somehow and lay more simulated lava on top of the actual lava that is covering my simulated lava.
Oh crap..this can only mean more tourist helicopters...
Well, busybody that I am, Kelena, I just had to go down there and check it out. Once I got through the two mile long traffic jam by flashing my Deputy Dog HPP Neighborhood Watch Picture ID Card and driving a borrowed jeep on the shoulder, it was truly spectacular. Word are inadequate to describe the splendor, so I won't waste any.

There are a few problems, though. The red lava clashes with the copper oxide green of the dolphin statue, so you simply must do something about that. The PAKA decor police are sharpening their knives, and the "anonymous" letters will soon be arriving. The people from the HPPOA were there casually discussing how they will certainly need to make a special assessment against your property to cover all the extra wear and tear on the road leading there. And finally, some Canadian woman kept asking me, "He's got some kind of homeowner's insurance, eh? My husband Wally chased some rabbit down that glowing, smoking hole and hasn't come out in three hours." I told her you have a good attorney.