Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boogie Woogie Pizza
Di Giorno Self Rising crust pizza is better than theirs and
you can doctor it up before you bake it! Hot pizza right out of your
own oven!

"From knowledge comes understanding"
We order from Boogie Woogie quite a bit. The first two times we placed an order by phone, they told us it would be 45 minutes. Each time, the pizza took about an hour and 15 minutes. Now we just know to add about 20-30 minutes to whatever time they tell us. It isn't the greatest pizza, but we continue to go there because the price is good. One large pizza for $15 feeds the family with some slices leftover for lunch the next day.
Not to rub this in anyone's face or anything, but they always tell me 20 minutes and it's almost always ready. I'm not gloating here; rarely am I this lucky in life--always get in the wrong line at the checkout, toll booth, whatever--so I have to savor my good fortune when I can. Thanks to spunky, this new awareness of my hidden talent for getting a pizza in 20 minutes has inspired a business idea: I order for the rest of you and mark up the pie for my trouble. And if Dayna discovers she has the same talent when she moves here, I'll be happy to hand over the reigns. :-)
Tim

A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions--Confucius
I'm surprised Rob Tucker isn't jumping in and telling you to "respect" this business like he did for Yamada Co.? Hmmm? No dog in this fight I guess...carry on.
This restaurant sounds like the pizza shop from hell. Thanks for the warning even though I am a DiGiorno person. Frozen pizza is not necessarily the best but I don't have the deep pockets to afford take-out.
You can make a pizza from scratch in two hours, for crying out loud.
Sherry - I got to the point where I added in an additional 45 minutes but when orders start taking 2 hours - it is just insane. I honestly don't understand how they are still in business. I've read several online reviews for them and several other people say the same thing. My boyfriend has gone there repeatedly and they still act like he is a stranger not a valued repeat customer.
I am making my own pizza for dinner tonight!

I agree 2 hours is insane. Guess they stay in business as there isn't much competition. I don't like Pizza Hut and so Boogie Woogie's was the only other place we knew about in Puna. We usually only order pizza when our schedules are tight and don't have time or energy to cook, so I would definitely be irritated if it took 2 hours to get the pizza. So far we haven't had any issues with just adding 20-30 minutes to our time, usually just leaving the house at the time they give us that it would be ready.
Aloha Spunky! I get it about BW and your experience.

There is another that shall remain nameless restaurant in Pahoa that everyone loves but us. We even went in with friends who like it and they were appalled at the service and mediocrity when we all went together. I just figured it was us. If I even denigrate it on my own FB page, I get told it is just us.

BW has been slow but not that bad for us. it's okay for a quick stop on the way home for a pizza but nothing to write home about.

Rumor has it that another pizza place will be opening [dont know how soon]. Maybe competition will indeed help.