Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is a video so you know I'm still
I agree with Mella, patchouli has that very distinctive fine smell. It's for refined people.

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, GM,PB,ABR,CRB,CM,FHS
johnrabi@johnrabi.com
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"
(This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html)
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

Now Johnny, You really could have resisted that urge. Even when you throw just a little sand, all of us here in the sandbox have to put up with it.
Oh, I don't care whether someone likes or dislikes patchouli, as long as they aren't doused in it and sitting in my car ... that's one reason I don't pick up hitchhikers in Puna any more. [Wink]

Lots of perfume scents in the world, plenty of room for different opinions too.[Smile]

I did actually buy some patchouli incense once, in the 70's, having never really experienced it before. My room mate took the box away, destroyed it, and said that was the end of us as roomies if I lit it up again. She felt strongly on the matter.

I came to agree with her after I'd had more exposure. At the time, it seemed an extreme reaction. [8D]

Bergamot is another scent I love. (Earl Grey tea)

Question for Mella: where do you get the fragrances? Are they purchased like essential oils?
I still pick up hitchhikers but if they are doused in any of those "essential oils" I kick them out of the car. That stuff is like chemical warfare.
Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator
I had NO IDEA you two were soap sisters! Things are gonna get real sudsy, real soon! So many talented, crafty Punawebbers.

Patchouli reminds me of High School. We all smelled like it. And none of us wore underwear. What was WRONG with us? I am not bringing patchouli to Hawaii and I am bringing underwear.
@ Kathy this fragrance combination is Essential Oils only. By the by you can't smell the patchouli. Citrus scents tend to fade away in soaps and perfumes. Patchouli or vetevere in my soap is used as a anchor for the citrus, a bottom note and depending on the amount hidden or discernible. Many sources but this is a reputable company in my opinion 3w's .newdirectionsaromatics.com/

@Kat hey girl thanks! It is a tiny bit of luxury to be washed with beautiful soap./ It just sets the tone for the day aroma therapy in the shower starts the day out beautifully.

Dan ;0 I don't think everyone tags patchouli as a hippy scent, it just caught on back in the day!heheh

I hope to get to visit Can and Hannah this coming Sunday!

mella l

Art and Science Our Future

[url]http://www.bytheseasoaps.etsy.com/url]
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Aloha Sista! Loved the video and so glad to hear your lovely voice! Your soaps are awesome and oh so yummy!

There will be one huge potluck when you and your beloved are finally with us in Hawaii!

Blessings!

Carrie[:X]
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR
quote:
Originally posted by mella l

I don't think everyone tags patchouli as a hippy scent, it just caught on back in the day!heheh

Scents are subject to fashion trends, yes. 200 years ago patchouli was considered a luxury scent because fine silks shipped from Asia were packed with patchouli leaves to keep moths away. 100+ years ago it was in fashion again because Queen Victoria favored it. It's long been a favorite scent in India, which is where the hippies brought it back from in the 60's, along with Indian paisley prints and beads and incense. I have nothing but pleasant associations when I catch a whiff of it today.

I agree, a light touch with a scent goes a long way, but one scent I just can't abide is lavendar, in any concentration.

Everybody's different!
To me patchouli smells like moldy dirt.

Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Pua`a
S. FL
Big Islander to be.
Patchouli is deep and earthy for sure. I am a lover of this fragrance although I rarely wear it alone. I also use it in my soaps as an "anchor" for other scents. As Mella stated, you cannot smell it when it is mixed with other scents lightly.

My father hated the smell of it...always thought I was smoking pot in my room or something.

I have been followed by people wanting to know what it was because they loved the fragrance. Others just hate it.

BUT - I it's the fragrance that gets the most reaction. It's funny, but people love to talk about Patchouli and whether they love or hate it. [Big Grin]

Carrie
Carrie Rojo

"Even the smallest person can change the course of the future..." Galadriel LOTR