Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OLG rant
They deserve the thanks of the community too. When you next talk to them tell them Punaweb says Mahalo.

Assume the best and ask questions.

Punaweb moderator

Punaweb moderator
quote:
Originally posted by Orchidlandguy
[quote]Obie is not a vvery nice person and seems to use an abrieviation of my name (OLG).

So you are just like another well known poster here, you think everything is about you and the world goes around you. What happened to the "assume the best..." here? "OLG" stands for "Our Lady Grace" which is a church.

Aloha,
John S. Rabi, GM,PB,ABR,CRB,CM,FHS
johnrabi@johnrabi.com
http://www.JohnRabi.com
Typically Tropical Properties
"The Next Level of Service!"
(This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html)
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

John, If all you can do is attack people there is a place where that is welcome. Not here.

Punaweb moderator

Punaweb moderator
Hi John,
your friend,
Janos Kadar.
quote:
Originally posted by John S. Rabi

[quote]Originally posted by Orchidlandguy
[quote]Obie is not a vvery nice person and seems to use an abrieviation of my name (OLG).

So you are just like another well known poster here, you think everything is about you and the world goes around you. What happened to the "assume the best..." here? "OLG" stands for "Our Lady Grace" which is a church.

Aloha,
John S. Rabi

John Rabi (aka: Savu Savu)

I have no idea what you are talking about when you say:
"you are just like another well known poster here, you think everything is about you and the world goes around you. What happened to the "assume the best..." here?"

John Rabi (or your sock puppet Savu Savu):
You need to move on and get obsessed about some other man, not me.
I am real tired of all your BAITING.
STOP or as Rob suggests take it to another site, not punaweb.
I am not sure how to respond without further inflaming this person who has attacked me and my community.I would like to point out however, that my original topic and post were hijacked.Cat had removed her response to my original post so my response no longer made sense.I deleted my original post and the response and renamed the topic to what it had become.

My only mention of OLG was when I questioned what this person would say when they found out the bushes were gone.You see,all of the bushes have been removed and the lots have been cleaned up.Since OLG hasn't been down here he wouldn't know that.
This is what OLG said in his rant "It was disgusting to see all the poop and toilet paper in the bushes from folks having nowhere to relieve themselves."

I have a problem with people posting negative comments when they are not true.

You also posted on Tripadvisor that the rocks were covered with toilet paper and the tidepools had human feces floating in the water.You made this statement in your rant "OB has gone balistic over on another site (Trip Advisor)about TRUE comments made about Kapoho that he doesn't like."

This was my response on Tripadvisor

"I just went by the tide pools to clean up the mess.Couldn't find it.The water is crystal clear and there is no trash in sight.
People are enjoying this wonderful place on Good Friday."

I also posted 4 pictures showing the clear water.

I would hardly call that "gone balistic(sic)"

By the way,my last name is Obermann.That's why I use the name Obie.It's what my friends call me.It has also been OB and Obe.I called you OLG to save bandwidth.

PS.
Since you claim to hang out down here with your friend,I would think you would know that there are toilet facilities just a few minutes away at Ahalanui Park.Much closer than Lava Tree.
quote:
Originally posted by Geothermal
quote:
Obie is not a vvery nice person and seems to use an abrieviation of my name (OLG).

Originally posted by John S. Rabi

quote:
So you are just like another well known poster here, you think everything is about you and the world goes around you. What happened to the "assume the best..." here? "OLG" stands for "Our Lady Grace" which is a church. Aloha, John S. Rabi

John Rabi (aka: Fook Yew) I have no idea what you are talking about when you say: "you are just like another well known poster here, you think everything is about you and the world goes around you. What happened to the "assume the best..." here?" John Rabi (or your sock puppet Fook Yew): You need to move on and get obsessed about some other woman, not me. I am real tired of all your BAITING. STOP or as Rob suggests take it to another site, not punaweb.
Assume the best...I guess you guys are not religious. [V][V][V]
This is what I think of the Kona Board of Realtors: http://www.nsm88.org/aboutus.html

quote:
Originally posted by ObieYou also posted on Tripadvisor that the rocks were covered with toilet paper and the tidepools had human feces floating in the water.You made this statement in your rant "OB has gone balistic over on another site (Trip Advisor)about TRUE comments made about Kapoho that he doesn't like."

This was my response on Tripadvisor

"I just went by the tide pools to clean up the mess.Couldn't find it.The water is crystal clear and there is no trash in sight.
People are enjoying this wonderful place on Good Friday."

I very much doubt that was Orchidlandguy posting at Tripadvisor. The review you reference was made by a poster going as karmagonnagetcha, Pahoa, HI. That review is now gone, but I read it at the time and discussed it with kapohocat.

At the time, I pointed out to her that the TA poster had identified himself or herself as part of an "older couple" interested in a quiet stay in Waikiki in this topic:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60...awaii.html

That was not an inflammatory post and there is no reason to think the poster who thought the tidepools were dirty is not part of an older couple. From what Orchidlandguy has said about himself, he would not self-describe that way.

I told Cat that at the time, that it was not right to blame Orchidlandguy for someone else's review. That was April, and you are going off about it still. Try to accept that more than one local may have observed paper and feces contamination at the tidepools. There is another review on TA from a California person who describes it as well. One,somamoons, posted September 2010.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRevie...ml#REVIEWS

quote:
... After walking around the rocks and looking into each pool, I refused to get in. I couldn't find a single pool that wasn't contaminated. You can tell because in one corner of each pool a brown film will gather on the top. In some pools, you can even see small chunks of water-logged feces floating around or washing up on the rocks. At first you might think it's some kind of ocean scum or plant, but it's definitely feces. Also, you'll notice little white things "pasted" onto the lava rocks around the pools. These are dried up chunks of toilet paper. The Hawaii DLNR has posted a sign at the pools saying they are not disinfected and that you swim at your own risk (we saw it). There are stories online about people with open cuts getting nasty infections after swimming in the pools. So gross. This is just not worth it. The snorkeling might be great, but do you really want to be swimming in feces?!! There is good snorkeling elsewhere.

We also ran into a local in the parking lot, who lives in the neighborhood. He said he used to be on the neighborhood association. Despite the fact that they request a $3 "donation" from all cars visiting the pools, they refuse to do anything to fix up the place (like pave the parking lot or add a porta-potty). He said they have problems with people using their bushes as toilets, which I imagine only exacerbates the sewage problem in the pools.

I am very glad that the tidepools are getting cleaner, but I don't like you going after Orchidlandguy as if he is delusional, when other people have reported the exact same problems.
[quote]Originally posted by KathyH

I very much doubt that was Orchidlandguy posting at Tripadvisor. The review you reference was made by a poster going as karmagonnagetcha, Pahoa, HI. That review is now gone, but I read it at the time and discussed it with kapohocat.

At the time, I pointed out to her that the TA poster had identified himself or herself as part of an "older couple" interested in a quiet stay in Waikiki in this topic:

Really ??

Why would an older couple from Pahoa rip me and my community to pieces on Tripadvisor.The nuances ,the misspellings,the rhetoric all led me to believe it was OLG.

I saved the original post.I will not post it here,but it proves you wrong.

Edited to remove a link to an external site.When I posted a link in April to the actual post,it was deleted and I was told I couldn't do that.
I read the original review, and I disagree that you can know for sure, Obie. There is absolutely no reason for Orchidlandguy to set up a fake persona on the Honolulu forum, of all places. Maybe Orchidlandguy will comment.

The reason I even looked at this was that back in April, Cat emailed me and asked if I wrote reviews as "karmagonnagetcha" on TA and at Fodor's, and I said no. I never look at the review section unless someone sends me there. I then checked out the TA review, never found the one on Fodor's. I then checked out other TA contributions by that poster (only the one post asking for a kamaaina rate in Waikiki for an older couple).

If you have a beef with someone's posts on Tripadvisor, you can PM them through that board, although you have to do it politely or you could get banned and blocked. I don't see the need to bring up Tripadvisor as a reason to get on someone's case at Punaweb.