Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Largest Price increase you have seen ?
you like putting words in others mouths.

Just count your " leavf " 365 times .. should be good.
(07-29-2022, 03:31 AM)terracore Wrote: Most of the livestock feeds have gone up about 50% in the last year.
 Some of the ranchers in Texas are liquidating their breeding stock.

yep.  Much of Texas is also undergoing a severe, long term drought.  My cousin, who farms on the plains, has only planted half of her acreage thus year due to well water shortages and almost complete lack of rainfall this crop year.  It’s real bad, there, and has been getting measurably drier for decades.

This drought may actually be worse than the dust bowl era.

Ccat
A few posts up I posted:

"In the short term, good for the consumer because farmers are liquidating animals because they can't afford to feed them.

In the longer term, bad for the consumer. Some of the ranchers in Texas are liquidating their breeding stock."

I have since found out that due to a shortage of USDA processing facilities, a lot of the cattle being auctioned off (some as low as 40 cents per pound) are being sent to Canada, Mexico, and South America to be processed. Some of the beef may make it's way back here, but a lot of it won't. Translation: If one was expecting some great beef sales in the near future, it might not happen.

I'm left to wonder what this means for Parker Ranch and the other BI ranchers who are used to sending cattle to the mainland to be processed. Maybe they have contracts that keep them at the front of the line. If not, I can't imagine the economics of shipping cattle from Hawaii to the mainland only to find a saturated market where foreign processors are buying US beef at third-world prices.
Price increases?

How about $4.50 each for 2 ordinary size, plain gelatos = $9.00!

Average good but not worth $9.00.

Ouch!  Even a small treat is painful.

Ccat
Sarree CC ...thank your current administration. Yes, all the way up. .. Please advocate to your friends and fam for change here next vote.
My sweet summer child. If you still labor under the notion that life is better depending on the "current administration" then I suggest that you prepare for perpetual disappointment.
How does voting different cause Young Bros charge lower prices?
(08-02-2022, 08:34 PM)microage97 Wrote: How does voting different cause Young Bros charge lower prices?

Ask germans who voted for Adolph Hitler.

How much of a difference it can make.

People have always been sheeple.

Which is why God is the Shepherd.
(08-04-2022, 07:59 PM)Space Karen Wrote:
(08-02-2022, 08:34 PM)microage97 Wrote: How does voting different cause Young Bros charge lower prices?

Ask germans who voted for Adolph Hitler.

How much of a difference it can make...
Right.  Initiating a huge military buildup to prosecute a war during a depression certainly bump started the Nazi economy.   But you digress!  This is not relevant to the question asked. 

The current inflation we're seeing is a worldwide phenomenon with practically no relationship to politics. Only partisan whiners with axes to grind play that tune.
partisan whiners with axes to grind

That would be a great title for a Dylan song.  Or Billy Bragg.