Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sen Ruderman, where is the proof
"Our Papayas are GM" Who is our, you and the frog in your pocket? I don't eat GM papaya! It is ashamed that 80% of GM Papayas are consumed locally in the Hawaiian Islands. Why do you think that is?

Monsanto, and I'll use them as an example. How many times did Monsanto tell us their products were safe, only to find out that was the furthest thing from the truth?

All health Studies paid for by GM companies, all claim their products are safe. But do these studies actually last long enough to find true scientific results?

PaulW your analogy is like comparing Apples to Oranges. You have heard of Kosher Food haven't you? Bottom line, nobody in their right mind will buy genetically modified foods if it's posted on the box, or can. That is why these companies are fighting tooth & nail to keep it off the labels I'd imagine. But then again people buy cigarettes don't they?

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
"Who is our?"
The people who live in Hawaii. Not hard to figure out. So much for "one question and one question only".

Kosher food, a good example! Are you in favor of a law insisting ALL food being labeled to indicate if it is kosher or not, halal or not, haram or not? Of course you aren't. If people want to buy halal food they can look for a halal sticker. Same with non-GM. There is no need to inflict your superstitions on the rest of us.

If, as you imply, GM food is dangerous then show me the people who have died from eating our delicious papayas. I'll wait.
PaulW,
All pointless conjecture aside.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/artificial
GM plants are an artificial product just as artificial diamonds are artificial products.
Explain to us how you can ethically separate an artificial plant with regard to labeling requirements for human consumption to that of an expectation for labeling on artificial diamonds.
Please provide us with an explanation that is not inclusive of conjecture as to why we shouldn't consider your position to be unethical.

PGF 338 Lapua - Practice means well regulated.

By your definition, nearly all farmed crops are artificial - nearly all farmed crops are the result of human intervention to improve the yield, improve the resistance to disease, improve the quality (perceived or real) of the product on the store shelves.

What is truly artificial is your distinction between crop improvement arising from random natural or nuclear-induced genetic variations and targeted introduction of genetic characteristics through genetic engineering methods. What's unethical is demonizing a technology and then demanding that foods produced with that technology be branded so that they will be less competitive in the free market. What's unethical is your insistence on using fraudulent studies to support your position while you denigrate legitimate scientific results that have been produced by disinterested scientists.

And what's pointless is any expectation that logic or ethics will influence your point of view.
Good analogy, Ohole Puka. Man-made diamonds are superior to natural diamonds.
Those who prefer the natural, inferior version do so for non-rational reasons or because they like to overcharge.
quote:
Originally posted by Haaheo okole puka

PaulW,
All pointless conjecture aside.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/artificial
GM plants are an artificial product just as artificial diamonds are artificial products.
Explain to us how you can ethically separate an artificial plant with regard to labeling requirements for human consumption to that of an expectation for labeling on artificial diamonds.
Please provide us with an explanation that is not inclusive of conjecture as to why we shouldn't consider your position to be unethical.

Just because the wealthy Diamond lobby managed to get a law passed on a trivial difference doesn't mean every product should follow suit in terms of their precedent. As previously pointed out, Kosher labelling is a more apt analogy.
Me ka ha`aha`a,
Mike
Geochem... that's your perceived meaning of the definition, not mine. Nowhere within the definition was a natural exposure to solar radiation considered an artificial act and is indeed a natural act. That was beyond an over reach. Plants have been exposed to the sunshine for billions of years and have adapted natural protections to such exposure but they have not adapted protection against randomized gene injections. What you've done is provided conjecture.
I asked for a conjecture free explanation... your explanation was filled with conjecture and thus pointless.

PW,
Yeah it was a good analogy as artificial diamonds are simple to study and comprehend but GM plants are not so easily understood with regard to their unknown protein chemical reactions within a biological organism.
Again, you've provided conjecture.

Vancouver Island,
SO by your premise if we flooded the market with artificial gold and weren't able to pay off the Chinese by the next deadline because of the rapid decline in gold values... we'd all be a-okay because there's really no ethical merit in the comparative.
Again more conjecture through your statement.

A counterfeit is a counterfeit and fraud is fraud.

Geochem,
If you want to argue your ideologies go do it with scientist in the field of GE and genetic research like Thierry Vrain, Michael Antoniou, John Fagan and David Suzuki. Maybe you can convince them with your years of research in the field that their findings are invalid.

II A - Practice leads to being well regulated (in an ideal state, properly functioning) and armed citizens provide security of a free state - thus the already existing natural right to keep and carry arms shall not be infringed.

Island Naturals has done more for the nutritional health and awareness of our Island people than any words in any media. And, instead of resting on the satisfaction of this achievement, Senator Ruderman chose to jump into the snake pit as a further service to us all. Thank you. Deeply.

I've only become aware of the GMO-AgriChem-Industrial Food conglomeration for about a year, but have been systematically schooling myself since. I don't understand how anyone can condone or support their nefarious agenda.

Aloha aina, aloha kai
Aloha aina, aloha kai