Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Fridge is Pau: Icemaker on Catchment?
So when is your ice maker hosting cocktails?

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Soon! But I have to lug the ice. No icemaker.
OK, I KNOW that you got your beloved, trusty fridge repaired, but in todays paper there is an ad that has a side by side WITH water/ice through the door AND is Energy Star rated - 25CuFt.... on sale for 32% off, you can have your ice dreams! What a DEAL! (and you can justify it with the fact it is energy saving - heck maybe even a tax break in that!.)
WOW! That really is a good price. It is more than HALF OFF!

I have a limitation: It cannot be more than 68 1/4 inches because there is a cabinet in the way. Unless, of course, I call a carpenter........

As it turns out, my fridge is actually NOT working very well even after the repair. It just doesn't make it down into the 30's. Low to mid 40's only.
Kelena,
I have stretched the life of a fading frig by filling containers with water and slowly filling up any empty spaces in the frig and freezer with them. It is easier for the frig to keep already cold things cold than recool the warm air that fills up the spaces every time you open the door. If you put them all in at once it can stress the frig out, but by adding a few at a time the trick worked. It gave us some time to shop for a new frig without getting food poisoned by bad food.

Good luck,

Carol
Carol

Every time you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: Not my circus, not my monkeys.
Polish Proverb
Need to add, if you replace an old appliance with an energy star model, you can get a huge rebate from Hawaii. We got $150 for our fridge and $50 for our washer.

(check the Hawaii energy website for current deals, they change frequently)

p.s. We waited to hook up our automatic icemaker until after we had our UV sterilization unit added to our catchment filtration.