Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fools blasting stereos and subwoofers
quote:
Originally posted by Ken

quote:
Originally posted by rainyjim

I think it's more about drug dealers and drug use than a different generation. Not all folk "their" age have crazy cranked out sound systems. Like you point out its hard to make sweeping statements, but when I see the people that get out of those cars they look neither friendly nor sober so I naturally think drug dealer / user. It's not to far of a jump?

Cheers

rainyjim

It is about as far as a jump one can make by saying that if a black man robbed the store, all black men are robbers.

As for what a Troll would say, I find your comments spot on!

Thanks for your comment Ken - waiting eagerly to read your next posting(s).

Cheers

rainyjim
quote:
Originally posted by terracore

I can't hear any stereos. The rooster farm and those screaming parrots drown everything else out.

I know right? I don't get why anyone would choose roosters. I think there will be a special place in hell for rooster farmers ! Ill have to reread Dante and check if its a specific circle of hell. I've yet to hear any of these parrots you and dayna mention, but I don't think I've made it as far down the street as you two are. Pray the parrots don't migrate : )

Cheers

rainyjim
Sound carries further than one would think - especially up hill it seems.

I have a vintage stereo with very large capacitors about 200 watts rms a side kinda small compared to 1200 watt car set ups.

Even on 4 acres - I need to keep it below 1/3 volume... I guess thats why god made iphones and headsets - grin
I don't think sound carries any more further here than anywhere else.

I think what's happening is, in hawaii it's relatively quiet and when a big bass truck comes pumping through the hood it's kind of like a shock and an annoying one at that. Especially the older we get. But I swear everyone in my hood has a dog and there isn't a day or night that goes by where there is a dog NOT barking. Luckily I can't hear anything like roosters or other annoying sounds in my neighborhood. If it wasn't barking dogs I'm sure I could find other things to complain about.

Just the other day I was walking to the beach... and going through one of the lower loops, one of the homes had about 10 dogs off leash in a fenced yard then behind in the back yard they had what looked like another 10 pittbulls in a huge dog kennel. Sounded like a dog pound. It could be VERY worse!