Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What cheap inside tip would you give a Punatic?
Another great place in downtown Honokaa the little ice cream shop, ono ginger ice cream, Also there, not food but a great little shopping place is Mary Guava's

Oh boy - that bakery in Honomu is awesome!

Carrie

"All I can say about life is, Oh God, enjoy it." Bob Newhart

Carrie

http://www.carrierojo.etsy.com
http://www.vintageandvelvet.blogspot.com

"Freedom has a scent like the top of a newborn baby's head..." U2
quote:
The two combo plate specials at Ludi's Filipino in Pahoa is a great deal two choices for $7.50,

I second this! We love this place and eat there every time we visit the island.

quote:
Oh boy - that bakery in Honomu is awesome!

Carrie

They have these sweet rolls that are to die for!

Edited by - hpp4me on 08/31/2007 13:20:55
The absolute best deal in Puna right now is Puna land! An acre lot in HPP for $50-$70k! 3 acres for the same price or less up in the higher elevations!

If I had more money right now, I'd fly back and buy more. There is a huge sale on land and it is not going to last forever!

I like the free guava and lychee along the Puna Trail! Best deal ever!

quote:
I like the free guava and lychee along the Puna Trail! Best deal ever!

Googuse,
Where is the Puna Trail?

"What? Me Worry?" - Alfred E. Nueman
"Vote with your money!"
quote:
During the month of September, 11 "major Hawai`i Island centers of art, history, astronomy, culture, tsunami, animals, gardens and energy are collaborating on a new, “Celebrating Museums,” month-long program to celebrate and cross-promote their institutions during September.

Carrie -
Thanks for the info on this one. I took advantage of it and couldn't be more pleased.
I understand that they are considering continuing this after the month is over.
It reminded me of a membership in Phoneix that I bought years ago.
It covered the Science Center, the Natural History Museum and I believe a few Art Museums and Native American exhibits.

Mahalo!

"What? Me Worry?" - Alfred E. Nueman
"Vote with your money!"
So where is the Puna Trail?

I have looked for a reference for you and don't currently put my finger on it.

If I recall correctly the Puna Trail is a historic migratory route from summer to winter lands, follows from roughly Hilo to Volcano. It seems to me there were efforts in 2004 for preserving, hand clearing this trail for posterity's sake. If I come across the reference I'll post it for you.

mella l
mella l
Art and Science
bytheSEA
Once you turn 60 (or is it 62?), you can buy a lifetime National Park pass for $10. And it's good for all the national parks, as I understand it. A friend bought me one for my 63rd b.d. and my pocketbook REALLY appreciates it!