Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
happy in puna?
I like the weather, the forest, the mountains, and the ocean.
I like that it can rain cats and dogs then be warm and sunny in the same hour!
Carol, thanks for that post, I see that daily when I am out and about and it always brings a smile to my face!
quote:
Originally posted by pahoated

Most people are here because they love it here or they thought they would love it here. Most of the complaining is usually related to bad subdivisions (neighbors, dogs, theft, racing, poor roads, no broadband, corrupt association, etc). The subdivision that shall not be named has very few of these problems, and has surpluses on its financial statement, while adding more revenue and recently receiving a government grant to upgrade the aquifer well system. The Hawaii isles are about as good as it gets, something about this aina that rejuvenates and refreshes.

"This island Hawaii on this island Earth" I like this post Mahalo to you!

Thanks all for the feedback.Like most of you I imagine,the move to puna will be a struggle for me.I feel it really will be worth the effort.The chance to see my old friends in the witness protection,didnt think about that.Thought I might be a little crazy,being called from afar.So I am not the first.The seed was planted long ago strangely enough by the Tori Amos album (Boys for Pele)I still love that record.The only Pele I knew of then was the soccer player,I knew Tori didnt do a soccer album.Years of reasearch has led me to wanting to live on the side of the worlds most active volcano with the worlds largest roaches and the meanest centipedes with a bunch of punatics.Thanks Tori,I doubt I would have come to this point without that record.Well that settles it then I am a little crazy and should be a good fit for Puna.
11. We welcome extraterrestrials. People from Los Angeles should stay the hell where they are. But creatures from outer space, welcome!
kelena - loved your post. you got it dead right Smile much aloha

#10048;
#10048;
So Kelena I did live in L.A. for three years in the 90s hope that doesnt taint me, I did like the movie T.V. buisness but after about 3 weeks didnt like la la land spent the next two years trying to get my girlfriend to leave ,she wouldnt so I left her there.
Fishenjim,

I just moved to Puna from Hilo and I love it! I know the move isn't very far and much of what I love about Puna is what I love about this island. The fragrant breezes, the cleansing rain, the majestic Mauna Kea and Mauna Loa that remind us how special a place this island is... I love the proximity of the sea and its rocky shores, the fact that we're living in a rain forest, that the honk of a horn is more likely a salutation than an angry gesture, that things here move slower than in much if the world. This causes frustration for many, but I love it. I love that the white man is not the majority (I mean this so lovingly!), I love that even though it rains a lot you don't need an umbrella. I love that many who are in pursuit of connection with nature, soul and ethereal aspects of life are attracted to Puna. There are too many things I love about this island, particularly this side of the island. I have lived on the mainland and abroad for years, but Hawaii is my home and has been for generations.

I've noticed that many people come here hoping to find peace, beauty and happiness, but if they do not have it within, they will not find it here. If someone is unhappy, it won't matter where they are, they will be unhappy even in the most ideal place. Likewise, if someone is happy within, they will be happy no matter where there are.

quote:
Originally posted by Pinao

I've noticed that many people come here hoping to find peace, beauty and happiness, but if they do not have it within, they will not find it here. If someone is unhappy, it won't matter where they are, they will be unhappy even in the most ideal place. Likewise, if someone is happy within, they will be happy no matter where there are.

So very true, Pinao! Sadly, I am leaving the Big Island and my lovely little nitch in Nanawale. My house is in escrow and the little communication I have had with the buyers of my house (through the RA agents), I am concerned they come with no aloha. I can only pray they acquire it as they live here for awhile.[Sad]

He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.
He who hoots with owls at night cannot soar with the eagles in the morning.