Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
technology issues in Puna,...please not today!
AAAAron, At last we agree on something. Anyone making a copy of "Transformers" should be seriously jailed, fined, and made to walk the plank.

quote:
AAAAron, At last we agree on something. Anyone making a copy of "Transformers" should be seriously jailed, fined, and made to walk the plank.

Unfortunately, as a former resident of Southeast-Asia I can promise you that Transformers is already on the streets of Bangkok, Kula Lampur,Singapore, Hong Kong!!!

Have you gone to the movies to see "Transformers",already? To me it is hardly worth ten dollars! Hell, I could barely sit through that movie in the comforts of my own home. Yes, I watch it in Streaming video, I like the ability to be able to go to the bathroom when I want without missing anything. Or get a snack without missing anything, or even smoke one of those 'funny kine cigarettes' to put me in a movie mood. I especially like not having a stranger behind me sneezing down my neck or coughing down my neck!

Movies I watched recently at home on Streaming Video:

Sicko
Tranformers
Ocean 13

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
quote:
Look at this from this angle. Putting a value
on content is not something that is black or white. I'm sure some artists would gasp that
you wanted to pay only 25 cents for their music.

listen, it's the record companies that make all the money! I imagine the artist get's right around a quarter a CD. What does a major label pay per CD to have made? I'd imagine in the neighborhood of one dollar or less

Another example, not everyone likes those indie low budget movies. I personally like those big budget movies like Transformers.
If piracy makes bankrolling those kind of movies unfeasible, it wouldn't sit well with me.

quote:
Yes big media and big software companies are ripping us off. But that is no excuse to pirate copyrighted works.

I'm finshed dropping my pants & grabbing my ankles for these record companies. When was the last time you enjoyed every single song on a CD? If you did, what was the CD?

Edited by - Aaron s on 09/17/2007 19:20:37

-----------

Support the 'Jack Herer Initiative'NOW!!
Not like either you guys would care. But here
is a interesting posting about a local artists view on pirating music. The person who pirated it shared it with 20 of his friends.

http://www.konaweb.com/forums/moving.cgi?read=100644

E aloha kakou!

I recently gave a copy of the CD "Songs from Hawai`i Island" to a young friend who was just delighted with it. SO delighted that he offered to burn a whole set of copies for all of his friends!

I know we have had this discussion before on KonaWeb, but I thought I would share the letter I wrote him so that anyone else who runs across this situation can pass the information on.

quote:

Neither of you have very good taste in movies,Transformers was the bomb

quote:

Movies I watched recently at home on Streaming Video:

Sicko
Tranformers
Ocean 13

Do I dare ask if that is a pirate website you are viewing that copyrighted material on ?It blows my mind that you'd advertise that you do this. If I did, I would keep on the down low and not announce it.

quote:
listen, it's the record companies that make all the money! I imagine the artist get's right around a quarter a CD.

Imagining things and having proof to back up that assertion are two different things.

Aaron, have you ever heard of Clear Channel? These guys have bought up most of the larger radio stations and are now buying up all the production companies.

So now if you don't sign with their production co. Then guess what? you don't get on the radio. They like these packaged artists that have very little talent but will follow their instructions like lil drones. (seen Britney lately?)

I do understand your position but the problem you're having with these two dudes is that like myself we have seen many artist end up dead broke thanks to the industry. As well, I personally have invested in this same industry for nealy 40 years from LPs 45 & 33s, 8 tracks, cassets, CDs only to find out that this same industry has raped some of my favorite artist.

Now, they want to monoplies the same industry and dictate what I hear on free radio. Piss on those guys, I don't download that much but I'm sure not going to worry about it if I do. And I NEVER listen to a radio station that is owned by Clear channel.

As far as films go. What the hell is a Transformer? The Austin Film festival is next month should I look for that there?

When you by all of an artist work only to find out he barly made 4 cents on the dollar and you just paid off a bunch of guys that didn't even know the names of said artists work you'll think differently. believe me.

Blessings,
dave

"Sometimes your the bug and sometimes your the windshield"
Blessings,
dave

"It doesn't mean that much to me.. to mean that much to you." Neil Young

Dave M, bottom line to me is this. Two wrongs
don't equal a right. It is not right what these Big media companies are doing. But its not right to pirate the copyrighted material either.

I encourage you to read what that local artist said about pirating music. Which I cited the link above.

Transformers=http://www.transformersmovie.com/

Dave M, Are you in Austin? I just heard an Austin singer/songwriter named Scott Birum who Blues rocked the bewillies out of me............."Wreck my car"......."18 wheeler". Good stuff, not on a major label.

Edited by - greg on 09/19/2007 15:04:26