Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To Kill Or Not To Kill ?
I think its worse to post things behind peoples back than shooting a rooster.

If I DO shoot him, it will be with a air soft not with any of my firearms and I will be happy to give it to anyone who would like to eat it.

My wife has a great saying, If it doesn't hurt you, mind your business and let people be.

By the way, we have tried different options, and the reason the rooster bothers me and the coquis don't, is because the coquis are a consistent lull, they are soothing and blend into the background.
A rooster in your yard crowing at random times from 1am on is not background noise, its loud and like a clock alarm.

With that being said, since some people on here feel a need to gossip like a hair salon, I have not killed the rooster yet, and I haven't purchased the air soft rifle yet.

Last night we put "blackout drapes"" on the bedroom windows and closed the windows just in the bedroom, it seemed to work at least for last night.

Please stop trying to gossip your way into making it seem like I WANT to go and kill an animal for no reason, Ive said before, I do not wish sufferation on anyone or animal.
Empathy:

I would try to consider the troosters point of view.
You may be suffering from post-agricultural society guilt. It's a luxury of "service" economies -- economies where most people are employed serving chickens to others.

If you shot this rooster, he would not be the first to die. I watched my mother wring the necks of chickens in our backyard, and then serve them for dinner. She showed me how to do it. There is a technique. A simple, but grisly technique. There is some squawking but it is all over very quickly. Or you can chop their heads off. But then they run around all over the place in a ghastly way, like some older gentleman who have lost their minds, but still keep runnin' around as if they were spring chickens.

Still, it would be nice to err on the side of compassion and relocate him until we can find an appropriate island-wide policy on roosters.

I hope you will support me in urging legislation that allows only ONE rooster on each of the Hawaiian Islands . That rooster would be kept in a cage in a strip mall on the main drag in Kona. We would charge people to see him. We would only remove him when more chickens are needed. All other roosters would be executed summarily. And if we still have bullets, we would shoot a few Axis deer. You can't just wring their necks.
'Round here Axis deer are treated well - shoot I even saw a couple in this yellow bell loach, 500 or what ever they cal em these days.

The Axis deer onboard the thing....doing a lava tour and then being dropped off to forage for a while.

They flew all the way from Maui to escape the over population and californication I hear

how cool is that?
You want to see animal sufferation ? Go to the meat houses that kill the food you buy from KTA. #truth
still as true today as it was in 1906 ....

http://www.capitalcentury.com/1906.html
Smile
sorry Rhonda, I posted as you Big Grin ...

me...
Best Bet... try for move to a rooster free place if you dont like them.. ie Waikiki, Honolulu, Houston, Bakersfield, Yuba City...

Puna IS roosters, coqui, etc.

another way.......catch the rooster and relocate him, problem solved!

and dont go and tell me roosters are hard to catch, I have caught many over the years here in my yard, all at night while they roost... the one controlling your life may have been one I 'relocated' lol

PS, also maybe try spraying the rooster with a water hose

aloha

save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
save our indigenous and endemic Hawaiian Plants... learn about them, grow them, and plant them on your property, ....instead of all that invasive non-native garbage I see in most yards... aloha
"I hope you will support me in urging legislation that allows only ONE rooster on each of the Hawaiian Islands . That rooster would be kept in a cage in a strip mall on the main drag in Kona. We would charge people to see him. We would only remove him when more chickens are needed. All other roosters would be executed summarily."

Seconded.
legislation that allows only ONE rooster on each of the Hawaiian Islands

One per district on the Big Island, to be kept by the currently sitting Council members.