Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reported armed home invasion Volcano.
I have only heard of 2 home invasion type robberies in the past couple years that didn't involve drugs in the house. Does hpd keep statistics
"Just remember, the police are under no obligation to protect you." - Mtviewdude

Actually your wrong!

Police as "sworn" officers and do have an obligation to protect you! Are you aware of what Police officers swear to?, or are you simply trying to "stir the pot"?

Oh and by the way - fully automatic firearms are NOT (simply) illegal, a permit from Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives (albeit rare) can be issued to possess! Lets be specific when stating the "unknown"!

They are NOT rare to obtain, go online and search for a conversion kit for any AR-15 platform rifle and you will find them easily and inexpensive!

Don't state what you don't know!
No one in Volcano knows anything about this. Very unlikely story.
Police do not have a obligation ( liability if they don't ) to protect you. Their job is to enforce law.

damien, I'm going to try to reply to you one last time. The forum somehow keeps messing with my reply.

The Supreme Court of the United States doesn't seem to sgree with you. Plese read this article (which, so far, this forum won't let me post).

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politi....html?_r=0

It states that in 2005 SCOTUS ruled that the police are NOT "obligated" to protect us.

This ruling made quite a splash to many. Surprised you aren't familiar with it. I could say that maybe you should do YOUR research before criticizing someone else.

And, there have also been cases in cities where a SHTF situation is occuring, where the police have refused to go in and help citizens. In those cases we are very much on our own.
Niw, these things may not have happened in Hawaii, but when the Supreme Court of the USA makes a ruling, that ruling covers AL 50 states.

Jon in Keaau/HPP
[/quote]

Jon in Keaau/HPP
Jon in Keaau/HPP
http://www.policechiefmagazine.org/magazine/index.cfm?fuseaction=display_arch&article_id=341&issue_id=72004

Here's the exceptions to your 2005 SCOTUS rulings!
machine gun....naaa. that's Hawaii Five0. Get machine guns all ovah da place.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
There is a rumor now about a home invasion in RHE. No details.
The same Facebook page reports that Chemtrails are causing earthquakes.
Might want to think twice before regurgitating what they post.
I have family members who listen to the police scanner religiously. They are some of the best rumor mongers in Hilo. Mainly because they heard it on "the scanner."