Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Kenoi gets a what??
Seems like you're not prepared for mine.

Born&Raised Hawai'i Island
Punatic00000 is insulting everyone from here! What you are saying is exactly what really upsets me! If punatick007 is so smart, why is he categorizing thousands and thousands of people's views into one?

quote:
Originally posted by Southernmost

[quote]Originally posted by Punatic007

I was quite shocked when he was voted into office, a direct reflection of the population of the Big Island. I had been hoping since the building boom we would now have enough educated and productive residents to vote in competent politicians.

Wow. You live in a place where you can't stand the native people, can't stand the locals , but you love transplant malahinis like yourself who weren't born here, didn't go to grade or high school here, and think they know it all. Why are you here? I can tell you will be one of the many that move back home to where you belong.

I think it's time for you to look in the mirror. I genuinely care about the well being of all residents of our island regardless of how long they have lived here or where they are from. Corruption serves no one. It's not that hard to live an honest life.

That said, this a just an amazing story. It's almost incomprehensible our mayor could be so sloppy with his criminal behavior. He's an attorney and if he didn't get that license online he should have some intelligence or common sense to know way better than this. I think he's surrounded by enough other corrupt folk in our government and those who look away instead of doing the right thing to feel he is beyond reproach with impunity, like a dictator.
So we are all stupid and the only smart people are the non-local, non-native transplants moving here. That's what Punatick007 basically said.

You care about the people you continually insult?? Please, again I've wasted enough of my time. Pau.

better than 800 may stay

People have to live somewhere; I suggest FICO ranges per-district and/or per-subdivision.

Example:

Waimea 750+
Kona 720+
Hilo 680+
Puna/Kau if below 600

Anyone with an score over 800 probably lives on Oahu anyway.
Southernmost -
You can read Punatic007's comments in a number of ways. It could be taken as an insult, that's possible. It could also be taken as an observation that if you have a larger number of people on the island, there might be more candidates running for office. Not Hawaiian or non-Hawaiian, just statistically a bigger group of candidates to choose from. Many Hawaiians moved here from other islands during the building boom, like my neighbor who came over from Oahu. Punatic007's comments can mostly be taken as his opinion. There is a lot of that here.

Hope you stick around. The more comments, the more interesting the discussion.
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by Southernmost

So we are all stupid and the only smart people are the non-local, non-native transplants moving here. That's what Punatick007 basically said.

Good lord you are seriously over-reacting due to misunderstanding and from your posting history seem to reduce all issues to a matter of racism, not everyone thinks like this, ok?

We live on the most remote island chain in the world, on an island with a significant history of corruption. It is a blessing to have new residents who bring in a fresh and worldly experience and perspective to help overcome the corruption, but that didn't happen because Billy was still voted in. Maybe next time, sigh.
You mean those "new residents" that turn over or move back to Florida every two years on average?

Or the ones that bailed on their Puna mortgages and car payments at the start of the lava flow, buying a one way and leaving their car at the airport for cu hawaii to deal with.....

Many of us moved here to get away from the carpet bagging on the mainland - thanks for letting me hang out..... Is what I have for the locals....

quote:
Originally posted by Bullwinkle

You mean those "new residents" that turn over or move back to Florida every two years on average?

Or the ones that bailed on their Puna mortgages and car payments at the start of the lava flow, buying a one way and leaving their car at the airport for cu hawaii to deal with.....

Many of us moved here to get away from the carpet bagging on the mainland - thanks for letting me hang out..... Is what I have for the locals....

You two are so reactive. This is what I was hoping for as the brighter side of being discovered...the corruption would get cleaned up. I've been here forever and loved the feeling of living in a subdivision that was like my own national park, empty. And would have MUCH preferred we didn't have the building boom. Just trying to make lemonade so stop misunderstanding me.