Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need generator expert
quote:
Originally posted by Wao nahele kane

http://www.homedieselpower.com/product.p...el=HDP-Y24
Look to the bottom of the page for the PDF file for single phase wiring. You may want to confirm it's set up correctly. The outback won't work with a three phase setup.

That's funny.
That my generator, sold by same company, same address but different name.

David

Ninole Resident
Please visit vacation.ninolehawaii.com
Ninole Resident
FWIW,

Mahalo to you guys for 'centering' Punaweb with your informative posts here.

aloha,
pog
take Bullwinkle to lunch ,,, if that doesn't work ,, buy honda
I tend to do all my own repairs on these things so have no answers with regard to a generator expert/repair facility. I'd second wolverine2 on the Bullwinkle arrangement. As per a replacement (assuming it ends up there), I can't say but do know Hondas largest generator is only 10kw which would provide less than half the power of the desired 24kw genset.
Sorry to hear about your issue with the generator David, best of luck in getting the issue resolved.
Lunch is on the horizon Smile

Have to devote my day to finishing my taxes, my extended "family" are counting on my continuing support. Sad

David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
After fairly extensive load testing using heater elements as only load and directly connected to generator and seeing L1 vs L2 imbalance in all variations, took a deep breath and rewired the alternator from parallel zig zag to double delta. I think my electrician friend was impressed Smile
So far all loads, initially the direct connect heater elements and eventually the house via Outback including 4 240v pumps, and L1-L2 were pretty balanced both voltage and amperage. So at this point, cautiously declaring success Smile Even ran the microwave oven without an error popping up.

Now to find someone with diesel injector pump governor experience to see if we can solve the run on situation.
David

Ninole Resident
Ninole Resident
Funny 99% of all gensets I see are set double delta from the factory for split phase.... odd
Here is a link to Hardy Generators ....they pioneered the importation of gensets - .... good source for parts

http://www.hardydiesel.com/

Hardy Diesel
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
15749 Lyons Valley Rd, Jamul, CA 91935
(619) 669-1995
quote:
Originally posted by David M

After fairly extensive load testing using heater elements as only load and directly connected to generator and seeing L1 vs L2 imbalance in all variations, took a deep breath and rewired the alternator from parallel zig zag to double delta. I think my electrician friend was impressed Smile
So far all loads, initially the direct connect heater elements and eventually the house via Outback including 4 240v pumps, and L1-L2 were pretty balanced both voltage and amperage. So at this point, cautiously declaring success Smile Even ran the microwave oven without an error popping up.

Now to find someone with diesel injector pump governor experience to see if we can solve the run on situation.
David

Ninole Resident

Now that's determination. Good Job.