Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Protestors arrested on Mauna Kea 07/31/15
arrest even more.... more money for the state.

After awhile the protestors will realize... "Hey, we get arrested, we get fined by the state, we're gonna end up paying for the TMT out of our own pockets! Let's get out of here!"
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
National park has my vote.
I'm all for respecting the host culture. So far I haven't seen anything that I would consider the legitimate host culture. Those that represent it are strangely silent. I have however heard the word "Hawaiian" a lot recently, interspersed with a lot of nonsense.
A large number have left to go to a gathering at Uncle Roberts, bunch of bands, saw a long stream heading that way. It will probably be an awesome Hawaiian night, one that only comes once in a blue moon, if the clouds go away. Might get pretty wild around Pahoa if it clears up, a lot of those protesters are from Oahu. It will look like a retreat up at the mauna, DLNR may take some symbolic scalps and hang them from the visitor center as a lesson for the future.

"Aloha also means goodbye. Aloha!"
*Japanese tourist on bus through Pahoa, "Is this still America?*
Hawaii Public Radio had a brief thing talking with some folks about "kapu Aloha". I must say much of it sounded awfully New-agey.
"[...]These precious summit tops use to be peaceful places many could go to get away from the daily chaos that happens in other places, not anymore.[...]"

How exactly did all those people get to the summit before a road was constructed to the top of Mauna Kea for observatory access?
"Four of the men are from the Big Island, according to police. The other three have Oahu addresses. Two were given additional charges of contempt of court or failure to appear for outstanding warrants. Six men were given citations after choosing to leave the area."
http://hawaiitribune-herald.com/news/loc...-next-move

So, the truth comes out. Criminals.

quote:
Originally posted by TomK

"[...]These precious summit tops use to be peaceful places many could go to get away from the daily chaos that happens in other places, not anymore.[...]"

How exactly did all those people get to the summit before a road was constructed to the top of Mauna Kea for observatory access?

Correct, TomK. more lies from the protestors.

The common Hawaiian was never allowed up there to begin with and the royals and priests got there the old-fashioned way: they walked.
TomK, good evening to ya sir.
You may have misunderstood my statement or just enjoy picking them apart before you reconstruct them in order to fit your liking? The road to the summit of maunakea was rarely traveled for decades, especially by tourists as the few car rental agencies would not allow it. Hotels on the Kona side were not exploiting the summit like they do today, also Only a couple of small telescopes were present.

Maunakea use to be a peaceful and somewhat uncongested place some COULD go to find or experience things like( prayers, star gazing, snow, tranquility, peace and quiet, ect). Now folks visiting the summit for prayers will have to explain and include hundreds if not thousands of strangers (tourists) in their prayers after this TMT project is complete. Don't get me wrong I love all people like you all do, just not in my face as I am asking for guidance and forgiveness.
Some knew the few telescope leases would have an impact to the summit of maunakea, or bring added traffic from the employees working in or on them. Now an additional 300,000 tourist a year visit the summit and its 13 observatories. Soon to be over 1,000,000 a year if this TMT is built atop maunakea as planned. Many believe The environment atop maunakea has changed drastically over the years and enough is enough already.

The TMT designer's and planner's should pay close attention to the weather atop maunakea this week. Hurricane's that approach our islands from so far south can pack quite a punch at times (kauai remembers). Its our wonderful summits of Maunakea, Maunaloa, and Haleakala that can hold the greatest Mana (power), to how and what affects the storms have on the great aloha state of Hawaii. Besides the mountains needing to replace their vital Waters of life, They are in need of a good cleansing or washing as well (lack of restrooms).
Always unpredictable what the mountains affects will have on the largest ocean storms and hurricanes that can bring 200+ mh winds to these summit tops. Concerns here, The TMT will need to protect its very sensitive lenses from these types of winds in the future(if built). Will the well planned 180 foot steel Dome be enough to hide the lenses from these powerful winds? How or what Will the current observatories have to do to plan for this type of storm? Will protectors be safe or allowed (blankets) to help ride this storm out on our Mountains?

The summit with 200+ mph winds is the place you proposed the TMT should be built, Mt Fuji, not Mauna Kea. The rest of your post simply isn't worth replying to, it's just unintelligible nonsense.