Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow...Meteor!

"A couple more extra large Telescopes (TMT) cemented on our hawaiian summits should help ensure we put the Hawaiian race on the extinction list as well? "
If only I'd known the telescopes were exterminating native Hawai'ians...
My mind is blown.
My mind is blown.

Clayjacks -
We call them "Space Pearls."
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by TomK

Thanks. You may have witnessed (K)Cosmos 1315 re-entering the atmosphere. It is (or was) an old Soviet spy satellite that was due to re-enter about now. Your description and the direction you saw it makes me think that's what you may have seen.

I'll check tomorrow and get back to you. You don't get to see things like this every day, so congrats! If that's what you saw of course!

Spot on Tom! Terrific opportunity guys!

PS Tom, I didn't see you at the Anti-Captain Planet Pollution Party we had on the summit, it was a blast!

AKpilot

We're all here, because we're not all there!
I wonder if the proposed cultural training checkpoints to gain access to the summit would allow Anti-Captain Planet Pollution parties in the future. Sounds like too much fun and not enough reverence in an official religous kapu zone.
PM2,

"TomK, I guess I was thinking of the video clips of fireballs we had shared in this thread - http://www.punaweb.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20238&whichpage=2&SearchTerms=fireball"

Understood. The simple definition of a fireball is a meteor that becomes very bright. That can include objects you're referring to, i.e., objects that skim the outer atmosphere before returning to space. They are rarely observed for various reasons, but the killer description for me came from Punalivin who described multiple trails and that they were relatively slow moving. To me, that meant re-entry of an orbiting object which was breaking up.

AKpilot, sorry, I couldn't make the do. How about I dump a bunch of trash on the side of the road on the way to work tomorrow as compensation? I have a broken dryer I could dump as well if someone can loan me a pickup.
Thanks, Tom. Always fascinated to learn more about fiery objects moving across the sky at high velocity.
I love flaming flying objects as well; you ever see the inside of a turbine? I am a pilot after all.

Tom, You could probably stuff the dryer in my Tracker, I could leave it by Keck HQ in Waimea. Don't forget, you must laugh in an evil fashion and act like the disrespectful summit scientist that you are when you do so. We all have to play our part after all.

I am the evil off Island Haole Millionaire; you the disrespectful Summit Scientist. Where do we get the costumes? Mine needs wings, you could call me the Putrid Polluting Pilot Pirate from Pa'auilo.

Arrrrrrrrrrg the Aina,
AKpilot

And another thing while it's on my mind, AK. Can't you lot just stop flying at sunset and sunrise? You freak too many people out.

http://apacificview.blogspot.com/2011/08...wered.html

If the video doesn't work there, try http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/...-Peru.html

And some more scare mongering from pilots:

http://apacificview.blogspot.com/2010/11...nk-so.html

[Wink]
"Back in the early 80's in kona, I was very fortunate to witness Hale's commit [...]"

That's a classic chess opening, isn't it?
You'll never stop me, muah ha ha ha haaaaaaa!

Tom, would you believe when I used to fly on the mainland I had a few passengers come up and tell me they knew I was controlling the population via Chemtrails. Don't tip them off now Tom!

Come to think of it, I do know some of the folk that will run HAARP once the University of Alaska buys it this year.

I am really shaping up to be quite the Villan! I need a catchy name.

AKpilot