Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hawaii history and cannibalism
Alferd Packer, may your soul rest in peace, as billions who have died before today should.

Stats on who died hungry?

Hawaiians likely ate well and had a great diet. The 'stones' they moved were immense. Shear human power moved them. Return to the times of health & hard work & wellbeing. THAt's at good time to shoot for. Include everyone. But they've got to agree to this one thing...

(He's got a café named after him. U of C Boulder.)
Thanks for the repeat history lesson guys. I do remember Mr Kaupa saying that the bones were stripped to preserve only Cooke's mana. And was mistaken for cannibalism.
One Thing I can always be sure of is that things will never go as expected.
"Bzzzt! Wrong! Cannibalism is humans eating other humans for food."

You scare me. Eating human body parts isn't cannibalism because they aren't considered food? That is an incredibly disturbing justification. Please don't invite me for dinner.
Dang it ... goo goo muck song made me do it ...

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jokes/comments/...bal_jokes/

aloha,
pog
quote:
Originally posted by pog

+1 Lodestone .. damm funny.

aloha,
pog

Thanks Pog! I try. My goal is to...SERVE MAN.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Serve_M...ht_Zone%29
My goal is to...SERVE MAN.

Well done!
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
Bam ! a GAIN !

why am I picturing Dr. Evil's pinky right now ... LOL

aloha,
pog
Just saw this, and sorry for the late reply. I just got back from a couple of weeks in French Polynesia (Tuamotus, Marquesas, Society Islands), and this came up on several of the educational talks we had aboard the cruise ship. This also came up on several of the island tours. Everything I heard on this subject was entirely consistent. So with the caveat that I have not scrupulously fact-checked this (not sure how I would for something that occurred in societies that didn't write down or keep records aside from oral histories, but anyway), here's my understanding:

There was human sacrifice, but it was not "cannibalism" as that term is commonly understood in our 21st century Western Culture. Here's the distinction - certain body parts (usually the head) was consumed in an effort to get the "mana" from the deceased. Most of the time the sacrificed individuals were rival chiefs that had a great amount of power, and the captors wanted to obtain that power, and they believed that by consuming the head the mana would flow through into the people consuming the body parts.

I realize that this seems like splitting hairs and isn't a real distinction, but here's the best analogy I can think of - some people eat certain mushrooms not for the taste, or even care that they're eating a mushroom, they just want the "energy" that flows from eating the mushroom. (Hopefully you follow what I'm getting at in the above example, let me know if that was too opaque).
Leilani Estates, 2011 to Present
here's the best analogy I can think of - some people eat certain mushrooms not for the taste, or even care that they're eating a mushroom, they just want the "energy"

Yes! I think I understand.
I'm going to get right to work on my new diet book:

The All You Can Eat Dessert Diet Plan:
If You Don't Eat Dessert For Food Value, But Just For Flavor, Or Fun,
Eat All You Want Because You're Not Really Eating Dessert

Weight Loss Not Guaranteed
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
" Here's the distinction - certain body parts (usually the head) was consumed in an effort to get the "mana" from the deceased. Most of the time the sacrificed individuals were rival chiefs that had a great amount of power, and the captors wanted to obtain that power, and they believed that by consuming the head the mana would flow through into the people consuming the body parts."

In keeping with the times, what do we call it if Donald Trump tried to eat Governor Ige's head? Would there be a distinction if rather Billy Kenoi made a stab at Hillary Clinton's head?