Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gunshots in Beachlots
Cause of death was a shotgun blast.
One would think. I'm guessing that autopsies are mandatory for all murder investigations? Doesn't seem like a medical degree is needed for this diagnosis.
...I suppose knowing the victim's blood alcohol level and whether or not drugs were involved would be relevant.
quote:
Originally posted by birdmove

So, a 72 year old is supposed to let the bat wielder bash his head in? Put me on that jury.

Jon in Keaau/HPP

First find out who was threatening who.
Doesn't seem like a medical degree is needed for this diagnosis...

That's verging on mob rule... conviction by the press. Just because you get a few gunshots and a dead person that has gunshot wounds does not mean they were killed by the gunshots. Maybe they were killed otherwise and the gunshots were staged to cover something else up? And maybe a medical degree is needed for this diagnosis. But regardless why would anyone want anything other than a complete and competent investigation? Otherwise it seems likely you're hanging your hat on some version of he said she said.
In most states, a coroner doesn't need a medical degree.
quote:
Originally posted by dakine

Doesn't seem like a medical degree is needed for this diagnosis...

That's verging on mob rule... conviction by the press. .

You're calling Punweb "the press?" -wow, that's a stretch.
likely you're hanging your hat on some version of he said she said.

He said. He dead.
Probably only one version will be told about this story.

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." -Annie Dillard
"I'm at that stage in life where I stay out of discussions. Even if you say 1+1=5, you're right - have fun." - Keanu Reeves
quote:
Originally posted by birdmove

So, a 72 year old is supposed to let the bat wielder bash his head in? Put me on that jury.

Jon in Keaau/HPP

Who said that?

Would it make a difference to you if the bat wielder was 84? Nobody even knows who the other guy was, much less his physical ability. Maybe he was using the bat as a crutch and the shooter just claimed he was afraid for his life to justify shooting.

Maybe people should back off the Punaweb kangaroo court and just wait till the facts are in before rendering judgement.
Easy, easy folks. I just thought the news story's phrasing "An autopsy will be ordered to determine his exact cause of death." was silly, as it was preceded by the statement that he had been shot. I'm sure autopsies are required for murder investigations, and I'm sure that is a fine idea.

I'm going to have to start using [Smile] this more. Or, announce that I'm making a joke. Or, find a better use of my day.[Smile]

Let's try it out: So you're ruling out the notion that the victim was on his way to a softball game? [Smile][Smile][Smile]